*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032530-My-PET-Scan-Is-Done
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#1032530 added May 17, 2022 at 1:04pm
Restrictions: None
My PET Scan Is Done
One more check mark to put down as completed. Now I wait for Monday and the final Doctors Appointment to find out the results. Hopefully it's a all clear sign and I can go out and have A Wild and Fun Celebration - (yea right - sorry but I'm not a wild and funny guy) and my partying is more low key just who I am.

While I was in the middle of the Chemo treatments, my wife and I had a discussion about the tools I have in the shed. We decided it was time to get rid of all the saws and things that could hurt me if I wasn't paying attention. Just before we left our home in the foothills I cut my thumb almost off with a table saw and it required 22 stitches and I can't bend my thumb anymore.
I sold most of my tools and my welding machine, That brought a tear to my eye, I'm a hobby welder not an artist, and I enjoyed working with steel. I agreed to let it go and I sold most of tools to a friend who was going to have a yard sell and we gave him quite a few other items including the recumbent bike, mention in a few blogs about dusting it off and which room we moved it to, but it's no more.

Along the lines of the last paragraph, I also shared with my wife concerns I had about my driving. In the past few weeks I've made a couple questionable decisions at a couple stops and the possibility of accidents that could have happened. I turn 75 in a couple of days and I felt it only right that she be made aware of my concerns. From now on my wife will be taking me to appointments and church. It's my intentions to look into what is available to seniors (since I am one). Getting old is for the birds!

Life is Good - God is Great

© Copyright 2022 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032530-My-PET-Scan-Is-Done