*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032614-May-2022-Prompt-19
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #2249293
The Banana Blog
#1032614 added May 20, 2022 at 12:06am
Restrictions: None
May 2022 Prompt #19

You are going through your book collection, looking for something to read. You run across Fifty Shades of Grey. What is it about?
WRONG ANSWERS ONLY.


I am bored. I need something to read. But it's 10 PM, the library is closed. My little town has no bookstore. No stores at all this time of night that sell anything to read. Good thing I have a pretty decent collection of books. So the search is on, find a book to read. Something to lull me to sleep.

I find a collection of Dickens, 'Great Expectations', 'Hard Times', and two more. Sounds like my life. I pass. Then I find 'Vinegar Girl' - a take on 'Kiss Me Kate' and then 'The Girl on The Train'. I've read all these. Seems like I'll be counting sheep.

But wait, what's this? 'Fifty Shades of Gray'? Hmm. I open this book and am instantly whisked away to the moors in Scotland. The heroine gives me great word pictures of the moors, the clouds, the search for the Loch Ness monster all the while gazing into the gray eyes of a kilt-clad hero. Great images to bring a smile to my brain as I drift off to slumberland.

I fall asleep dreaming of the two paramours climbing the moors but somehow they have now moved to the moon. 'Fifty Shades of Gray' now explores the lunar landscape with all its dangers and beauty.

When I awake, I check this book. There is nothing in this about any moon exploration. I think I just found an idea for a new NaNoWriMo plot. I just need to find a different title.


new signature 2021



Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2022 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032614-May-2022-Prompt-19