*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037507-Give-a-friend-a-ring
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1037507 added September 8, 2022 at 3:14pm
Restrictions: None
Give a friend a ring
Words: 300

Sujata picked up the remote and turned the TV off.

She stared at the blank screen for a while before she sighed, shook herself, shoved her feet into her flip-flops and heaved herself off the sofa. No matter where her thoughts were, there was vacuuming to be done, the dinner to be seen to and the laundry to be sorted ...

Yes, she was a wife and mother now, with typical wifely and motherly chores to do. She was quite happy doing them, and her husband, Bobby, did help whenever he could. The children were children - they made messes sometimes, but they weren't badly behaved or unruly. On the whole, Sujata was happy with her chosen lot.

It was just that seeing Bharati on TV suddenly like that had jolted her. She couldn't even remember what their original quarrel had been about, but it had ruined their high-school best-friendship ages ago. Somehow, they hadn't been able to get the comradery back. They'd lost touch, and she hadn't thought of Bharati in years.

And suddenly, there she was, participating in 'Win A Million' - wearing the ring Sujata had gifted her when they'd been in Grade 9. “This will bring you good luck.” Bharati had won the inter-school quiz for the overall trophy. Now, she was wearing it while participating on Win A Million, and was poised at 50k, to resume tomorrow ...

Bharati had touched the ring each time she had answered a question correctly.

Was that the mobile? Unknown number. But she'd answer.

"Hello?"

"Sujata? Bharati here. Years ago, you'd given me a ring. Now, I'm giving you a ring - but on the telephone - to tell you your ring is bringing me luck again."

"It has brought me luck, too. You got my number and called me. I have your friendship back ..."

© Copyright 2022 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI Now What? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037507-Give-a-friend-a-ring