*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043548-Two-To-Toot---Rated-ASR---Week-4-EXTRA---234-Words
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1043548 added January 23, 2023 at 7:51am
Restrictions: None
Two To Toot - Rated ASR - Week 4, EXTRA - 234 Words
234 WORDS

You know what?

It's good to have both - knowledge and wisdom.

In case you're wondering what each one of them is, the best explanation I've found came from a quote on Facebook.

What's knowledge? Knowledge is knowing the tomato is a fruit.

What's wisdom? Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.


(End of quote).

So, kids need both.

They need the knowledge of what happened in history and the wisdom to vote for the correct candidate. They need the IQ to do well in Math, and later on double their money on the stock exchange, and the EQ to cherish a friendship, value a relationship and be grateful for their blessings.

They need to be able to write a job application and they need to do their taxes, and they need to gasp in awe at a work of art and wipe away the tears a poem brought on.

They need it all.

So - there's no either-or.

Education needs to be well rounded, holistic and child-friendly. We need to find the balance between academics and co-curricular activities.

Who chooses? Who decides the syllabus?

I'd say the teacher. She's the one who is on the ground with a deep understanding of children and their needs at various ages. As they grow, children themselves can be asked to choose what they'd like to learn.

But it's never either - or.
It has to be both.


Prompt - Extra - Category 1

© Copyright 2023 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI Now What? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043548-Two-To-Toot---Rated-ASR---Week-4-EXTRA---234-Words