*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047305-Saturday-April-first-My-musings
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1047305 added April 1, 2023 at 3:11pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday, April first. My musings.
It has been interesting to say the least the last few days. My grandma's birthday was yesterday. She was born March 31, 1906 and passed away in June of 2000. She said that she wanted to see the turn of the century, and by golly, she did. It still boggles my mind that she was 6 years old when the Titanic went down. What things she had seen in her life. She was a good woman, although strict to my mind. She enjoyed sewing and reading and talking to her soap operas. I remember her having had a red Ford Pinto in my mind's eye.

I also remember thinking that she hated my dad the way they "carried on" with one another. I found out much later in life that it was their way of showing "affection" (my family is weird) LOL.

I also remember sneaking out of the church with one of my younger sisters and playing hide and seek in the parking lot. Boy did we get into a lot of trouble when grandma caught us. I also remember her letting us stay with her when our house burned down, even though it got her into a lot of trouble with her landlord.

She has been gone almost 23 years now, and every so often she comes to mind. Her youngest daughter, who is my mom will be 80 this year.

Lots to think about and to reflect on.

*HeartP*


signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- Have a lovely day! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- Have a lovely day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047305-Saturday-April-first-My-musings