*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049400-WS-The-Cellar-Feller-WC-395-R-E
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1049400 added May 9, 2023 at 7:23pm
Restrictions: None
WS The Cellar Feller (WC 395, R-E)
P2. The guy in the basement seems to know a lot about writing.com, blogging, and newsletters. I think he prints the Blogging Blitz Newsletter down there on one of those antique crank-by-hand printing presses. Write about something you may have learned from the guy in the basement or something he's said that may have been helpful to you.

I agree about knowledge of WdC, he either knows a lot or baffles us with B.S. However, he's never steered me wrong. In fact, I don't think he's ever steered me at all. He has emailed me some blogging issues I had at the bar, and he's always helpful with the challenges. So, there's that.

I get my Newsletter in my email and don't quite understand how he accomplishes that on an antique, crank printing press, but he's apparently very witty and has somehow linked it to one of the computers upstairs.

What have I learned from the basement guy? Let me quote you these words of wisdom he shared just recently, "Read my portfolio at your own risk. Although it may explain why I'm in the basement."

He also assisted Andre with sending me this wonderful badge:

Merit Badge in The Blogging Banana Bar
[Click For More Info]

    Congratulations & Thank You   

  from       Andre      

For competing the full four weeks of the Non-Judgmental Blogging Event in January 2023. 

Please show your badge when entering the Banana Bar and join others in the  Banana Bloggers' Lounge .

 Your blogging is always welcome at  [Link To Item #1985857] .


And, in addition, he often leaves comments on blogs and Newsfeed items.

There is this thing I ponder in the wee hours of the night, halfway between dark and light, and it sometimes gives me a fright, so a favor I ask of you, if I might, and you grant me the right.

Why do we keep calling him the Basement Guy? I know he's down in the basement, but it sounds like something my older sister would have used to scare me as a lad; the thing under the bed, the monster in the closet, the ghosts in the attic (the attic doorway was in my room) and now, the basement guy.

I know him also as Wordsmitty ✍️ and see he signs emails with WS, I think the least we could do in appreciation of him is attach his initials with the title, "WS The Basement Guy" (like Larry the Cable Guy) or maybe WS The Cellar Feller, or something a bit more personal. I mean, we are participating in "Guy In The Basement Appreciation 5-Day Mini Challenge" so it seems proper to at least throw in his initials. Besides, it sets him aside from some of the other beings that reside in the tunnels and labyrinths (I hear tell there are even some mutants).

Anyway, my dinner is ready, so I'll save this and post it at the bar later.







A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.



A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ HiLo Silver - Away! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ HiLo Silver - Away! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049400-WS-The-Cellar-Feller-WC-395-R-E