*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050000-Pathological-Liars
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1050000 added May 23, 2023 at 10:43am
Restrictions: None
Pathological Liars
Prompt: pathological liars
Have you ever met a pathological liar? How do you think a pathological liar talks and could they have any good friendships that last?



-----------------------

I don't know why any person habitually lies or exaggerates the truth, and with no reason. Unless they are writers and they are trying to come up with a good story. *Wink*

Yet, I have met such a person. At the time, my thinking was that this person found reality too bland to swallow and she had to fancy it up, but the psycho-data tells me otherwise.

This behavior is often associated with personality disorders: mostly narcissistic personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, or antisocial personality disorder. I didn't look these disorders up just because they'd be over my head and would be too difficult to write about in a blog entry.

Such people hide their achievements, experiences, and even their identity and/or embellish them. They may also create elaborate stories about themselves or others to gain attention or sympathy from their listeners. After you've caught a dent or two in their many different accounts of events, you know you can't believe anything these people say, ever! Such made-up stories lead to broken relationships, loss of friends, and even legal trouble.

One person like that told me her husband threw her down from the roof of their three-story house and she came out unscathed. This person used to do house-cleaning for me. Now, I wonder what stories she would make (or did make) about me. Luckily, she quit before I could fire her.

Possibly, this kind of behavior has underlying psychological or neurological causes. I think such people who can't help themselves not to lie should seek the help of a professional, seriously!





.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050000-Pathological-Liars