*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050993-Bully
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #2297671
A successful Banker Finds herself at the mercy of the FBI
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1050993 added December 3, 2023 at 7:52am
Restrictions: None
Bully
June 19th 2020 10pm Westside Highway New York

Fifty four year old Banking Executive at Global Merchant Bank, Margery Purr sat in the back seat of her chauffeur driven black Mercedes G Wagon. The only sound was heavy breathing through her hawk shaped nose. In her chubby left hand was her smart phone, she squinted hard through her thick lensed gold framed glasses at emails and other business affairs.

She tutted at the interruption of an incoming call from Diane Powerkin. She ignored it and continued attending to business. "Go away!" she moaned as the name called again. No sooner had the number stopped ringing than it started again. Diane Powerkin was also a senior banking executive, who tried to stab Margery in the back at every available moment.

Margery took a heavy wheezy breath pressed the connect button and placed the smart phone to her ear. Before she could finish "Hello" she was greeted with "Don't ignore my calls fatso!!".

Margery curled her right hand into a soft plumb fist "Diane! I wasn't ignoring you" She decided to let her name calling slide, and not give Diane the satisfaction of knowing she got to her.

"Yes you were, I can see you, we're behind you, you better be heading home because that's where we're going!"

Margery released her weak right handed fist and placed it on her corpulent tummy which was concealed within a tailor made black business suit jacket. Her stomach began to knot "Who's we?"

"You'll see when you get home" barked Diane as she hung up. Nervously Margery rubbed her extensive double chin as she pondered to herself "Why is she following me home, and who are the others." She handed in her notice that day, to start up her own consultancy business and take up several independent director roles. She had too, she was morbidly obese, she huffed and puffed with the slightest exertion. From a young age she battled with her weight and early in adulthood her thyroid began to play up. She tried every yoyo diet and whatever she lost she gained plus more, eventually she gave up. Working long hours and business travel and lunches didn't help either.

She turned her head as far as she could over her left shoulder a feeble attempt to see what was behind. She didn't have the energy to wiggle her three hundred pound frame to look at the traffic behind her. "Are we being followed Max", she asks her driver. He looks in his rear view mirror "there are two black Lincoln Towncars behind us, is everything okay?".

Margery adjusted her glasses on her nose with her right hand before running her palm through her dyed brown hair "Just a late business meeting at my house". She bite her lower lip and rubbed her lower chin again, She didn't know what to expect.

Her right foot tapped off the floor of the SUV in nervous anticipation. Her breathing strained and grew louder ,it felt like her windpipe shut. With her right palm she gently massaged her chest, a feeble effort to assist her shallow breathing.
She pondered more on who the they was. Her left hand trembled as she selected Diane's number in her cell phone and called it on speaker phone. Immediately the dial tone dropped with the notification "call declined". She could feel her complete chest area now tighten like it was made of concrete. She tried twice more.
She rubbed her chubby face with her right hand and then through her hair, finally she adjusted her glasses and tried calling again. Same result.

"I'm" not letting this bitch away with this!" She gasped and sends her a WhatsApp message 'answer your phone Diane!'
She waited until it's delivered and read, called twice more still the same. Frustrated, angry and afraid she typed ' You're behaviour is that of a spoilt child and not a respectful and professional business colleague. I am not intimidated by you'
© Copyright 2023 amateur40 (UN: amateur40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
amateur40 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050993-Bully