*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
21
24
25
26
27
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051515-Glue-and-letting-go
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2296648
Left-overs piled on hot rice and mixed.
#1051515 added June 24, 2023 at 2:48am
Restrictions: None
Glue and letting go
24 June. Pride Parade in Udon Thani later today. That said, it has been a difficult 30 hours... to be posted elsewhere if I'm moved to share.

Some things break and cannot be mended or when bandaged never quite heal. Jeremy writes to this and I responded in kind. Mind you, Kevin was a friend not a lover; but, I'm in a complicated relationship at the moment and I no longer know what to expect. I'm old, so in some ways it won't matter as Time will move on, just as my present flame will, without me.

To Jeremy Jeremy re "Repeat Until Death: "For some 1+1 = 3. My parents were like that in some ways. But me?

I remember Kevin. I still call out his name. A part of me died when he cut me off after 24 years of friendship. It was bad timing and became a part of a downward spiral for 4 years.

But time moved on even if I didn't. After 20 years would I like to hear from him? You betcha."


Charity looks forward to the open road. I remember that thrill! *Carb* But it has been many years. I considered an RV and should've bought a car at the beginning of covid; but, I didn't have a crystal ball.

Nowadays I'm in Thailand after traveling for many years. It's amazing what one takes with oneself. Not the trinkets, but the memories and emotions and other baggage. Amazing what one can live without.


To Charity Marie - <3 "A New Beginning: "When I travel I take things that I cannot easily replace... like my chromebook and charger... never forget the charger! And my extra pair of glasses (and prescription) because I've been known to misplace them. Clothes can be bought and so can toothpaste. You have wheels so no need for 50 triple-rolls of TP. Living on less though can be challenging. Following a minimalist approach might be best on-the-road.

In hostels people bring books to read and then purposely leave them and pick up a new one. (Little libraries may become your friend. If you stop on libraries along the way, a donated book of yours may be appropriate. *Smile*) Same with shampoo or anything difficult to travel with. They leave it! Someone else may just need it that day. It's acknowledging that needs will always be provided. Wants? Make that a short list. Like that bracelet. Want it? Focus on what is necessary to achieve it.

I use my place in Montana as a livable live-in quasi storage unit. I have less here. That said, it's time to unclutter here and there. Next stage of your interesting life... enjoy it."


Broken? Like I told Norma Jean, some things are worth mending; like I shared with Jeremy, some things are never forgotten. And like I've mentioned to Charity, knowing what to take and what to let go is a lifelong lesson.

My memory is a mishmash of cluttered thoughts. Some aren't worth keeping. But... they lurk in the recesses of my mind. Like Sabetha, like Crete, my first car, working in the fields, hospital, community outreach. It's not that all memories are precious. Some just get stuck in forgotten corners.


To QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham "Cheep! Cheep! Cheep!: "Not gluing back the pieces? Kintsugi came to mind, but that's with gold. Worth it if it were a special heirloom or one-of-a-kind.

Jumpy? I mean... you could write about a nervous shelf that just couldn't hold on any longer!

I knew about chicks in the mail, but that's a very old memory, possible from Kansas/Nebraska, 70s.

We have local roosters. The night herons hoot; the mynas chatter, the finches twitter, the swallows silently swoop."


For June 2023,

FORUM
The Bard's Hall Contest  (13+)
JUNE:Annual Blog Month!
#981150 by StephBee


Attention: Ԝ€ß☆ԜiʈCH and StephBee

~600 words
30

© Copyright 2023 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051515-Glue-and-letting-go