*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052792-Smokey-Daze
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1052792 added July 19, 2023 at 7:10am
Restrictions: None
Smokey Daze

Being lazy today. Humidity is high, temperature is high and the air is filled with smoke and my bronchitis is giving me heck so I'm taking today off from the bike. I am still aiming for over a hundred miles this month (starting from none last month) and have pedalled over 60 so far. It is the wrong time of year for the temperature and humidity to be dropping, but I hope the smoke clears out.


I'm scanning more slides for a good friend. He has around a thousand, most from mid-90s and he did not have a way of scanning them; so somehow I decided to be a good guy and scan them. It takes me an hour to do 16 slides (I scan at a high resolution) but it does give me time to think. Of course, I get distracted thinking and then I don't pay attention and I don't keep up the 16/hour rate. No hurry though.


I'm still tossing the "Me and My Camera" around in my mind...I was thinking perhaps a short poetry type thing....but I know nothing about poetry (and not much about writing). As with the slides, no hurry. It gives me more to think about the idea and more opportunity to find words.


While here typing and scanning, I am also listening to one of the local ham radio nets. They have a group and the idea generated years ago for the soldiers heading in for physical training in the morning at Ft. Bragg...they refer to it as "PT" so the net is called the PT net. Somehow, that also became a term for Possum Trot (it must be a southern thing) so it is called the Possum Trot net or PT net for short. They normally have 30 or more people check in on their drives in or for the many of us that are retired, we wake up early and get on...just a short exchange of good morning wishes.


I seem to have too many distractions this morning and I think I'll have to cut this one short. The act of writing but not of thinking about it.


Stay tuned for tomorrow!


Tim


© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052792-Smokey-Daze