*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055253-Cooler-Temps
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1055253 added September 6, 2023 at 11:05am
Restrictions: None
Cooler Temps

Our weather is changing. Here in Montana, that is. I know elsewhere things are pretty nuts, but here we are seeing the cycle continue on as usual. Fall days, cooler temperatures moving in. Our tree in the backyard is starting to turn colors. Nights are getting longer.

Yesterday we woke to no water. Great. Seems the water main down the street blew about 2:30 overnight. So two city blocks had no water for about 12 hours. Lucky for us we have a reverse osmosis filter, so we can have up to about 2 gallons of drinking water at any one time. And we have water stored in the basement for such events as this. But still...pretty inconvenient.

I did go to the city offices to complain about the people behind us. The mess in that yard is pretty awful, as I've complained about here. So the city official in charge of such and I had a nice long talk, about this and that. We actually talked more about another issue in town. He is quite vehemently opposed to a developer that is/has been working on a project in the old elementary school building.

This project started about 6 years ago. Great promises, great potential. Still not finished. Every time the local contact publishes information on the project I just shake my head. I don't believe empty promises. You can promise me the moon and all the men on it, but can you deliver it to me?

So after about 45 minutes of chatting, the secretary buzzes into the office. "You have 3 people waiting." Oops, Time to go. So I left with a copy of a letter going to the owner of the house in question. Seems he owns quite a few rental houses in Roundup, does nothing with them. Just buys them, rents them. Takes no care of them.

Imagine my surprise when I come home and find the tenant in the messy house actually cleaning up some of the mess. What??? Thank you so much, I say to my hubby. There is still a mess, including a refrigerator and stove, outside. Now a refrigerator with a door still attached is a danger. Some child could get trapped in there. And all this mess is an attractant to wild animals, feral cats and such.

Well, enough. Have a great rest of the day. Enjoy the birthday of WDC and all the fun. I am having fun as Tammy Faye Bakker in the Masquerade game whodunit.


© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055253-Cooler-Temps