*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056769-Oct-2023-prep-day-2
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2251563
Rising Star blog
#1056769 added October 4, 2023 at 9:48pm
Restrictions: None
Oct 2023 prep day 2
Oct. 2: - Plot: Premise ▼
Now that you've brainstormed the general story idea, let's identify some story elements:
(1) Setting(s). Where and when does your story take place?
(2) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)?
(2b) Flaw(s). What is(are) the protagonist's major flaw(s)?
(2c) Goal(s). What does(d) the protagonist(s) want (or want to avoid)?
(3) Conflict(s). What's keeping them from their goal(s)? Why?
(4) Antagonist(s). Who or what is creating the conflict(s)? Why?

Just for fun: Write a provocative one-sentence description of your story.



1. Settings: The story will take place in a wild west setting. I am thinking maybe the state of Montana. There will be trails and several towns to travel over.

2. Protagonist: The main character is a young cowboy, Randy Billings, who gets mixed up with a shootout and the Sheriff gets shot and killed. Randy is then accused of killing the Sheriff who was not in the shootout but was coming to the scene to stop it. Randy is actually a good guy. He doesn't even like killing a bug. It is a huge upset and shock to the town when he is the one accused of doing the shooting, little alone of being involved in a shootout. He had just gone to the general store for supplies when everything happened so quickly. Now he is finding himself on the run from the law in order to survive and avoid being hung.

3. Conflicts: Who can prove he is innocent? How does he avoid getting strung up? How does he survive and still support his widowed mother? How can he get word to his mother without getting her in trouble to or giving away his location? How does he make money honestly in order to survive 6when he is on the run?

4. Antagonists: The federal marshals and bounty hunters who want to catch Randy are the ones causing the conflict in the story. The actual person that killed the Sheriff will not be revealed until the end of the story.

Just for fun: Randy, just a good old country boy and cowboy, who is taking care of his widowed mother, is now accused of a murder he didn't commit and has to go on the run from the law until his innocence can be proven.






a signature image created for Marvelous Friend

© Copyright 2023 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056769-Oct-2023-prep-day-2