*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057272-Oct-2023-prep-day-5
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2251563
Rising Star blog
#1057272 added October 12, 2023 at 11:28pm
Restrictions: None
Oct 2023 prep day 5
Oct. 5: - Plot: Climax (Where is the story going?) ▼
Where is your story going? Describe the climax, the point at which everything changes and the tension of the primary conflict is finally resolved. Use the 'What If' brainstorming exercise to create a list of possibilities, remembering to consider the growth of / change in your main character(s) as a result of this event. The climax can be as hidden and seemingly tiny as that moment when your character finally makes that decision they've been dreading or avoiding for fifteen chapters, or it can be as huge and obvious as an exploding planet. Sometimes, the climax is a little hard to pin down. Was it the moment Ender won his game? Or was it the moment he realized the moving images on his screen were not a simulation, not the game he thought it was, and that he had just personally wiped out an entire alien race?


I plan to bring it to a close at the very end. Randy will get caught and face trial. An unexpected alli will help prove his innocence and reveal the guilty party.

What if the Banker posts the bounty and is the guilty party or the banker's son? (But why did they kill the sheriff?)

What if they had been involved in some kind of scam on the town's folk and the sheriff was about to uncover their secret?

What if there had been a witness to the shooting but they had been afraid to come forward as a witness because they were afraid of being killed?

What if they need physical evidence to prove Randy's innocence? What evidence can be presented?

What if there are some character witnesses at the trial?

What if the defending lawyer is a female?

What if they have to wait a few days to hold the trial because they had to wait on the circuit court judge?

What if while they were waiting for the judge and trial there were a couple attempts on Randy's life?

What if there were a lynch mob?

What if once his innocence was proven, he was elected to be the new sheriff and it ends with him getting engaged?







a signature image created for Marvelous Friend

© Copyright 2023 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057272-Oct-2023-prep-day-5