*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061749-Old2New-Year-Jan-2nd-Andres-Gift
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1061749 added January 2, 2024 at 11:30am
Restrictions: None
Old2New Year Jan. 2nd, Andre's Gift
         What would I gift to that cheeky fellow, er, um, monkey Andre? Something he wouldn't chuck? Doesn't he like to toss things, things that aren't necessarily round and favoured by most canines? Am I to muse upon an unthrowable object, something not aeronautically suited for flight, something awkward, yet somehow useful to an imbibing/partying creature of the bar?
         Oh, and the other criteria is that the gift not be a consumable? Whew, I had to reread that. At first, harried glance the word combustible exploded into my psyche. Of course I wouldn't dream of sending a bomb to Andre. If he reads this blog entry he may well determine it's a type of bomb, but, meh, so be it. Is it possible he could eat my words? If so I don't recommend that lamentable action.
         Okay, enough stalling and scrambling for a response. I suppose I would bestow a hammock upon this lucky monkey and not just any boring, everybody-has-one hammock. This hammock will be unforgettable. It shall be resplendent as a replica of the Canadian flag. That's right. It'll be red and white with a striking red maple leaf at its center.
         I should think Andre would hang this glorious hammock anywhere. Two trees are not always required although possible. String it from rafters, anybody's rafters. Permit it to swing from the bar, but be prepared to dispel inebriated squatters. Wait, can a hammock have a squatter? The point is this lounger could be strategically placed for maximum function and comfort. Andre will possess a new breezy method of laying about.
         Did I mention the cup/drink holder? Andre should not be forced to vacate his languishing in search of refreshments.
         I first thought of sending pure Canadian ice to Andre for his various bar concoctions, but ice doesn't lend itself to travelling via mail. Now if he could appreciate the brief, but refreshing splash of water he'd experience upon opening the 'ice box' and consider it a unique present...
         So, just to be clear, er, clearer. Andre please do not attempt to chuck or eat this hammock. Oh, and please do not remember me with a scowl or worst should or if you dismount/fall from the hammock unexpectedly. I may be admitting this has happened once or twice to me.
         
         
         
         
         Andre's Old2New Year Blogging Party

The future looms before us all - 02 January 2024 prompts

Who at Andre's Old2New Blogging Party stood out to you? Explain why based on their costume, their wit, their wisdom, their friendliness, and their blog entries and comments.

What gift would you give to Andre to remember you by and not just get quickly used and tossed? (IOW, not a consumable)

© Copyright 2024 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061749-Old2New-Year-Jan-2nd-Andres-Gift