*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063180-Koalemos
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1063180 added January 30, 2024 at 11:00am
Restrictions: None
Koalemos
Everything makes more sense once you realize this guy's in charge now:



There are many ancient Greek gods in mythology, representing all aspects of human life and various concepts.

There is Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty, Apollo, the god of of music and dance, Ares, the god of war, and Poseidon, the god of the sea among many others.


"But do you recall... the most famous deity of all?"

Several of the gods possessed human qualities, traits, and frailties. It as if ancient Greeks created gods as images of themselves, with their good qualities and flaws, virtues, and whims.

An alternative way to look at it is that we possess godlike qualities.

Then there is Koalemos, (Κοάλεμος in Greek, Coalemus in Latin) the god of stupidity and foolishness.

Zeus leaves him in charge when he's busy, and Zeus is always busy.

There is very little information about the story of Koalemos. It is assumed he was the son of the goddess Nyx, the personification of the night, according to ancient Greeks.

Nyx denies any such allegations.

In terms of Koalemos, much like his siblings, he had the power to personify or possess human beings and turn them into idiots or fools, for instance.

Something he clearly does quite a lot.

Anyway, just a little fun with theology today. We humans are perfectly good at being idiots and fools all by ourselves, no divine intervention needed. Of course, we can also be quite good at being clever or kind, so I figure it all balances out in the end.

© Copyright 2024 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063180-Koalemos