*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063796
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2312124
A book to house my Daily Flash Fiction entries.
#1063796 added February 8, 2024 at 9:20pm
Restrictions: None
What is your favorite color?
Yve, inventor extraordinaire, stood before her creation - a machine promising to capture memories in hues of light. But doubt gnawed at her. Memories, like emotions, were multifaceted, could they truly be confined to a single color?

Days blurred as Yve experimented, capturing laughter in greens, sunsets in oranges, serenity in blues. Each held a fragment, but the heart, the essence, remained elusive. She stared at the machine with utmost frustration, its metallic gleam devoid of the warmth she sought.

Suddenly, a voice startled her. "What is your favorite color?" An old woman stood there, her eyes twinkling. Yve hesitated, "It changes, like the day. Sometimes a calming blue, other times a fiery orange."

The woman smiled. "Your memories are like that, child. Not one color, but a beautiful blend, ever-changing. Don't capture them, let them flow, like the colors of the sunset."

Yve's eyes widened. She wasn't capturing memories, but their essence and the emotions within. With newfound focus, she added a prism. Now, the machine didn't capture, it transformed memories into shimmering, ever-changing displays of light, reflecting the soul within.

At the science fair, a kaleidoscope of light that emanates from her invention mesmerized the judges. It wasn't just a machine but a proof to the complexity of human experience. Yve realized then, her favorite color, like life itself, wasn't a single shade, but the ever-changing symphony of them all.



WORD COUNT: 232 Words
WRITTEN FOR: "Winner for 2/7 and prompt for 2/8"  
PROMPT: Write a story that includes the line: β€œWhat is your favorite color?”
© Copyright 2024 GERVIC πŸ‰ WDC Dragon Vale (UN: gervic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GERVIC πŸ‰ WDC Dragon Vale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063796