*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063869
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2312124
A book to house my Daily Flash Fiction entries.
#1063869 added February 9, 2024 at 8:58pm
Restrictions: None
I told you it would work
El Dorado shimmered like a mirage, whispering promises of gold. Fran, however, sought a different treasure – a cure hidden in a legendary spring. Armed with her grandfather's cryptic map and a healthy dose of skepticism, she ventured into the desert.

The map led to a colossal archway, its carvings alive under the desert stars. With a tremor, it split open, revealing a voice booming, "Seek not personal gain, but the greater good!" Fear prickled Fran, but her brother's illness fueled her resolve. She poured her meager water onto the parched earth, a silent plea for his health.

Miraculously, life bloomed, painting the cavern in vibrant hues. The voice softened, "You understand, mortal. Take what you need, but remember, life must always be balanced."

Emerging, Fran found the hidden spring, its water shimmering like liquid sunlight. Relief washed over her. "I told you it would work," she whispered to the map, a newfound respect for her grandfather blooming in her heart.

Back in El Dorado, the spring's water not only restored her brother, but revitalized the land. As Fran watched children play amidst flourishing crops, she understood. True value wasn't gold, but the balance that nurtured life itself. And sometimes, the greatest treasures hid in whispers and dusty maps, waiting for those brave enough to believe.



WORD COUNT: 215 Words
WRITTEN FOR: "Winner for 2/8 and prompt for 2/9"  
PROMPT: Write a story that includes the line: β€œI told you it would work.”
© Copyright 2024 GERVIC πŸ‰ WDC Dragon Vale (UN: gervic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GERVIC πŸ‰ WDC Dragon Vale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063869