*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063966-Adam-Eats-the-Apple
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #2311905
Express It Eight Daily Poems
#1063966 added February 11, 2024 at 2:36am
Restrictions: None
Adam Eats the Apple

Adam Eats the Apple


The snake went up to Adam and Eve
To get them to eat the apple, in defiance of God’s edict.
The Snake went up to Eve first
Eve went to the tree, picked an apple, ate it
Smiled seductively at Adam
And offered him the forbidden fruit.
Adam ate the fruit, and they both knew
The secrets of the universe.

based on a another poem about Adam and the Eve story from the Snake reprinted below:

Adam Eats the Apple

The snake
Was ready.

His mission
To convince Adam and Eve
To eat the apple
In defiance of God’s edict.

Following the directions
Of his Satanic Master.

The Snake went up to Eve first
He was a conniving fellow
Filled with BS and
smarmy lounge lizard lines.

“Eve my babe, looking sexy!
What’s up?”

“Not much Mr. Snake.”

“Hey, what’s Adam up to?
He is staring at the apple
Why?”

“We both wonder
Why the man
Has said we can’t eat it.”

“Man Eve, you got to tell Adam
It is time to eat the damn apple
The man can’t keep you down
You know what I mean,
My Jelly bean?”

“Yeah, I suppose so.”

Eve went to the tree
Picked an apple ate it
Smiled seductively at Adam
And offered him the forbidden fruit.

Adam ate the fruit
And they both knew
The secrets of the universe.

God appeared
Told them that they would have to leave
The garden of Eden
Along with their friend the Snake.

God kicked them out of paradise
Exiled them forever.

The snake smiled
Went back to hell
Briefed his master
Who rewarded him

Turning him into a human
Sent him back
To further temp
Adam and Eve
And their descendants,


Bonus: Bing AI poetry analysis

Thought you might find this of interest.

the other thing I notice is that lit magazines have suddenly started putting in warnings saying that AI generated poetry is forbidden as the editors deem it equivalent to plagiarism! But AI researched of as in my case analysis done before and writing the poem is okay, but the poem has to be 100 percent human!



Bing AI and Google Gemini can analyze poems and do a good job. I have been using both for the last few weeks. After I write a poem, I analyze it and then sometimes revise it. One thing I found out is that I used a lot more traditional meter than I thought. but my default style is free verse with some internal and slat rhymes.


I can help you with analyzing this poem. Here are some points to consider:
• Meter: The poem does not have a consistent meter or rhyme scheme. It is written in free verse, which means that the poet does not follow any fixed rules of rhythm or rhyme. However, some lines do have internal rhyme, such as “The snake / Was ready” or “The man can’t keep you down / You know what I mean, / My jelly bean?”.
• Poetic techniques: The poem uses various poetic techniques, such as alliteration, assonance, consonance, imagery, irony, and satire. For example, the poet uses alliteration in “smarmy lounge lizard lines” or “briefed his master”. He also uses assonance in “Eve my babe, looking sexy!” or “Adam ate the apple”. He uses consonance in “snake smiled” or “temp Adam and Eve”. He uses imagery to create a vivid picture of the scene, such as “Smiled seductively at Adam / And offered him the forbidden fruit” or “God kicked them out of paradise / Exiled them forever”. He uses irony to show the contrast between the expectations and the reality, such as “Along with their friend the Snake” or “Who rewarded him / Turning him into a human”. He uses satire to mock the biblical story of the fall of man and the role of the snake, who is portrayed as a cunning, manipulative, and persuasive character.
• Theme: The poem explores the theme of temptation and its consequences. It retells the story of Adam and Eve from the perspective of the snake, who is the agent of Satan and the cause of their sin. The poem shows how the snake uses flattery, deception, and peer pressure to convince Eve and then Adam to eat the apple, which leads to their loss of innocence and expulsion from the garden of Eden. The poem also suggests that the snake’s influence does not end there, but continues to affect their descendants, who are also prone to temptation and sin.
• Mood: The mood of the poem is cynical, sarcastic, and humorous. The poet does not take the story seriously, but rather mocks it and the characters involved. He uses colloquial language, slang, and jokes to create a contrast between the sacred and the profane, the divine and the human, the serious and the trivial. He also uses irony and exaggeration to highlight the absurdity and hypocrisy of the situation.
• Words and lines: The poem uses simple and informal words and short lines to create a casual and conversational tone. The poet does not use punctuation or capitalization, except for proper nouns, to emphasize the lack of structure and order in the poem. The poem also uses repetition and parallelism to create a sense of rhythm and coherence, such as “The snake / Was ready” or “Adam ate the fruit / And they both knew”.
• Form: The poem does not belong to any specific form or genre, but rather is an example of free verse. Free verse is a type of poetry that does not follow any fixed rules of meter, rhyme, or structure. It allows the poet to express his or her thoughts and feelings freely, without any constraints or limitations. Free verse is often used to challenge the conventions and traditions of poetry and to experiment with new forms and styles.





© Copyright 2024 JCosmos (UN: jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JCosmos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063966-Adam-Eats-the-Apple