*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065174-A1--Follow-the-White-Rabbit
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2313376
Wonderland 2024
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1065174 added February 28, 2024 at 9:56pm
Restrictions: None
A1 Follow the White Rabbit


A1 Follow the White Rabbit

I so enjoy being a part of Wonderland year after year. The challenges are just that - challenging.

I pray that participation in this event will give me the impetus to write more often. Currently I seem to be in the doldrums, just like the ships sailing the oceans. The wind in the equatorial region of the ocean can be stagnant for long periods. The doldrums were notorious in the days of sailing ships. In this region, a boat risked being stranded for weeks on end. With limited provisions, getting through this area of ocean was a matter of life and death. So many crises in 2023 have led to almost complete inactivity on my part. It seems easier to just lay about, watching ‘Project Runway’ or ‘Top Chef’. And if there was a writing show on the computer, I’d watch that.

So here’s a thought: a writing competition show. But then, how exciting would/could it be? Would you get all the backbiting, attention-grabbing, showboating that is currently on reality shows?

You know there would be! Because we all think we’re better than the other writer out there, and how dare those judges criticize me for that comma, that adjective, that thought. Just as in fashion they ding someone for too much leg, not enough boob, skirt too short, blouse too matronly. Or in cooking they say too much salt, not enough acid, too burnt, not burnt enough.

Then they cut to the comments you think are candid but are they really? Do people really say those things when they think the camera isn’t on?

We all want to be loved. We all want to be appreciated. We all want to go back in time and be Alice. And for this month, we can.

W/C 296

new signature 2021


2023 Quill Nominee.
Quill Finalist Logo 2022.
Quill Nominee Signature 2022

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065174-A1--Follow-the-White-Rabbit