*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065579-D1-Identity-Crisis---Who-Are-You
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2313376
Wonderland 2024
#1065579 added March 5, 2024 at 12:14am
Restrictions: None
D1 Identity Crisis - Who Are You?


D1 "Identity Crisis - Who Are You?" - create a blog entry (or static item) that deals with moment(s) you’ve questioned yourself over any decision. (<1000 words)

Never Again

It was the night before an important funeral. We gathered at a niece’s house, a night of anxiety for me, with in-laws. The wine was out. it was very good. A drink to take the anxiousness away seemed okay. A few nibbles of food to temper the wine. Then more wine when no one was looking.The time flew by. Where was more wine? I was talking to everyone. Chatty Cathy. Anxiety flew away along with inhibitions

I don’t remember getting into the car to go back to the house where we were staying. I don’t remember walking up the steps to the bedroom.

I don’t remember getting ready for bed, or getting into bed even. My husband states I hit the floor, hit the bed, hit the wall, hit the bed frame. All of this a few times over.

When I woke during the night to use the bathroom, I didn’t feel quite right. Well, of course, I had a hangover. But, it was worse than that. I looked in the mirror.

Horror! I looked like I had been in a prize fight. Two black eyes, bruised face. I hurried back to bed. Surely this wasn’t true.

But in the morning I again saw my face in the mirror. It was dreadful. Bruised all over, eyes swollen. And we were going to a funeral that very day, with the entire family. But everyone was kind, no one asked me what happened. Maybe they were afraid to know.

A few days later, my son-in-law asked if I should go to the hospital. “Make sure all is okay to fly home.” Hubby and I discussed this, and agreed. Per the doctor, yes, you have a concussion. Well, that explains the headache that just didn’t go away. And oh, by the way, I also see a brain tumor. So see a doctor as soon as you get back to Montana.

Huh? Well, that sure was a surprise. Your life changes in a moment. And I forever question my decision to drink to excess that fateful night. But then again, it jumpstarted the process of getting that tumor out. It was benign, but it would continue grow unless removed.

That also was the night I decided I was never drinking alcohol again. Never. Ever. I refuse to lose total control of myself like that in the future.


W/C 394


new signature 2021


2023 Quill Nominee.
Quill Finalist Logo 2022.
Quill Nominee Signature 2022

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065579-D1-Identity-Crisis---Who-Are-You