*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1070199-Space-Adventures-Story-Prompt-8-Raven-10
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #2316744
A place to keep my writings
#1070199 added April 30, 2024 at 10:27am
Restrictions: None
Space Adventures Story Prompt 8, Raven 10
8. Technology becomes illegal.

"Kyle, do you know where you are?" Dr. Baz tried to keep a calming voice with his new patient.

"Yes. Of course, I do. My wife locked me in this crazy house because she thinks I need treatment." Kyle fidgeted on the comfy chair, adjusting his feet on the ottoman.

"We don't use those words here. This is a temporary rehab center. Your wife was concerned, and frankly, a bit fearful, when you started breaking things in your house. You even threw a kitchen chair through a window. Do you remember that incident?"

"I don't remember that. I recall that I was angry, yes. I think my wife was exaggerating."

"Kyle, I assure you, that did happen. We raised your dose of medicine. It's normal that you might find it difficult to recall some events. In time, we hope that you can be released without the need for meds and that you'll be able to acclimate to your environment without the rage you've been feeling. Do you understand all of this?"

"I don't understand what the heck is going on!! I don't need meds! I don't need to be in here! I just want my stuff back!"

"What stuff? Kyle, do you remember what year this is?"

"Ugh of course I do! It's 2055. Why are you treating me like an idiot? I am a self-made billionaire, and I run a very successful company."

"Kyle, let's talk about this, one step at a time. Do you remember that technology became illegal a year ago? You were responsible for turning in all of your electronics and ceasing any use of technology in your house, your work building, and your life. You had been refusing to do this, so the authorities had to step in and confiscate any of these items. You have not been adapting well. In fact, you've demonstrated behavior suggesting that you are in a state of extreme denial. We have great results in treating cases such as yours. You have no need to be anxious about what to expect. When you leave here, you will feel understanding and peace with all that you've been confused about."

"I want my stuff back. I want my phone!! Let me out of here! Let me out of here!!" Kyle, shouting, got up from his chair and started running out, but was stopped by the facility guards.

"Doc, what should we do with him?" One of the guards who had a strong hold on Kyle shouted over his shoulder.

Doctor Baz had been readying a needle and skillfully injected it into the agitated patient's arm. "Please take him back to his room. He's going to be here a long while, unfortunately." He sighed.


Word Count: 455

Captains working too hard
© Copyright 2024 Maryann (UN: mhicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maryann has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1070199-Space-Adventures-Story-Prompt-8-Raven-10