*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1070237-Travel-Marvel-49
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2317669
My Game of Thrones 2024 Workbook
#1070237 added April 30, 2024 at 3:31pm
Restrictions: None
Travel Marvel #49

I'd choose teleportation and it isn't even close.

Invisibility has always seemed to me like a limited-use kind of thing where there aren't a lot of situations in reality where I would have reason to use it. I mean, I guess if I did more sneaking around or surveillance or something, but I'm not particularly interested in being in places where I don't want people to know I actually am, or to eavesdrop on conversations or anything.

Flight I could imagine being immensely fun and freeing, to be able to cruise around at various altitudes and see the world. I suppose it would depend on how fast I could fly and whether I was detectable by anyone else, because the last thing I need is to constantly get chased by military aircraft who are investigating a UAP or something. Now if I could combine the ability to fly with the ability to be invisible... now we're talking!

But I would still probably choose teleportation because being able to instantly be somewhere else would be so incredibly useful on a regular basis. My dad and my brother's family live 500 miles away from me, but I could teleport over to have dinner once a week and see them. I'd never have to worry about a long commute again. I could see all the sights of the world with a moment's thought rather than hours of travel. Even if teleportation only applied to me and I couldn't take anyone with me, it would be amazing to be able to instantly be wherever you wanted or needed to be without more than a moment's thought.


______________________________

(272 words)


Prompt: You have a choice between the superpowers of invisibility, flight, and teleportation. Which do you choose? Why?
© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1070237-Travel-Marvel-49