*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071175-Day-15---Cairo-Egypt-virtually---Pyramids-and-Camels
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#1071175 added May 15, 2024 at 9:58pm
Restrictions: None
Day 15 - Cairo, Egypt virtually - Pyramids and Camels
Blogging Circle of Friends: DAY 3499 May 15, 2024

Cairo, Egypt
We're staying at Heliopolis Towers Hotel. I'm hoping for some pool time after we check out the pyramids.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294201-d754516-Reviews-Heliopolis_Towe...
30 day
https://travel.usnews.com/Cairo_Egypt/Things_To_Do/Giza_Pyramids_62479/

we're doing the 8 hour private tour and riding a camel..woohoo. Let's hear what caught your attention? Talk about what you saw and learned about the pyramids or the artifacts or the crafts.

https://www.viator.com/Giza/d23032-ttd/p-8243P13?eap=ttdpw-cairo-15861&aid=v...

Experience Cairo’s very best on a private, full-day tour that takes in ancient sites, artifacts, and a bustling bazaar. Ride a camel through the sand beside the soaring pyramids at Giza and go toe-to-toe with the enigmatic Sphinx. Pause for lunch before visiting the Egyptian Museum and explore the stunning collection of artifacts, mummies and royal treasures with your guide. Then continue to the Khan el Khalili bazaar to browse vibrant displays of fabrics, handicrafts, and antiques.
We'll be dining at the hotel.


I'm feeling very tired (real time with allergies is dragging me down), but I am excited about Cairo, Egypt. And yes, pool time will be greatly appreciated. I am glad I opted not to do a nightclub in Agra last night!

I was glad the tour started early in the morning so we could beat some of the heat. Still it was very hot. It was wonderful to see the pyramids and walk the world that has existed from a time long ago. The camel ride was a blast, but my God are they smelly! I was only too happy to get to the bazaar and shop. All the bright colours and buzz of people really helped to energize me. Still it was nice to return to the hotel, shower and nap for a bit before joining everyone for dinner.
After dinner several of us waded into the pool and just sat. The water was luxurious. It was just nice to bask in the quiet of that space.


© Copyright 2024 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1071175-Day-15---Cairo-Egypt-virtually---Pyramids-and-Camels