*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072311-A-Sky-Full-of-Stars
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(121)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1072311 added June 7, 2024 at 5:57pm
Restrictions: None
A Sky Full of Stars
WDC 48-Hour Challenge: Media Prompt | Prompt

Coldplay has a couple of really great songs that I love, and this is definitely one of them. There's no question that Chris Martin and his band are great songwriters. I'm also amazed by how often this song comes up in popular culture. It was featured during an Apple event when they first launched the Apple Watch, played during the 2020 Democratic National Convention after Joe Biden and Kamala Harris' acceptance speeches (selected by Joe Biden as it was apparently his deceased son Beau Biden's favorite song), and during multiple significant sporting events. My personal favorite occurrence of this song, however, is the cover that Taron Egerton did for the animated film Sing 2, with his character (Johnny the Gorilla) performed this song during the final performance they had been working toward.

While this song is great, my favorite song will always be Coldplay's "Fix You," which has been a favorite of mine for a long time. "The Scientist", "Yellow," and either "Speed of Sound" or "Something Just Like This" probably finish out my Top 5 favorite Coldplay songs. Despite the fact that I like so many of their songs, I'm actually still amazed at how popular they actually are. They're one of those bands that I think are pretty good, but their popularity it just off the charts compared to how much I enjoy their music. For me, they're one of those bands where I don't really have much of a desire to go to a concert or listen to a full album or anything because I'm not a huge fan of the band itself; I just really like certain songs of theirs a lot.



(276 words)

© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072311-A-Sky-Full-of-Stars