*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
6
9
14
16
18
23
24
25
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072939-New-day
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1072939 added June 20, 2024 at 10:46am
Restrictions: None
New day
"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
Day 3130 June 20, 2024
Prompt: Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Write about this in your Blog entry today.

The way I look at that prompt and attempt to take from it, is that when I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and sighed with dissatisfaction I realised this is the youngest I’ll ever be.

Everyone goes on about my birthday in less than four weeks time when I’ll be eighty! I don’t want to be eighty and yet that’s being ungrateful. I can tell myself growing old is a privilege and it is! Yet there’s that dissatisfaction again. Actually I don’t mind it too much but it’s the aches and pains that detract from thoroughly enjoying the days. .

So, today was the first day of the rest of my life? Of course it’s true, I know that, and yet it didn’t seem to be any different to yesterday and probably tomorrow.

I do attempt to be more mindful as I’m reaching that milestone and attempt to go with the flow, not get anxious or frustrated as I may once have been. My husband and I usually have a laugh about something each day. We both have the same sense of humour and see the absurdity of life.

Recently I’ve stopped worrying about money. I’m intent on simply enjoying our lives with what we have. There’s no way of accumulating any more anyway.

So tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of my life. I’ll be one day older and hopefully one day wiser.


© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072939-New-day