*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073128-My-book-should-make-you-a-fan--I-hope
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #1209690
This is my first attempt to be a blogger. I hope to type a few items that you will enjoy.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1073128 added June 24, 2024 at 3:32pm
Restrictions: None
My book should make you a fan. I hope!
Hello there friends, Romans and fellow bibliophiles. My parents said that I wore them out by asking them to take me to the library. The librarian was a nice lady who allowed me to take one extra book home that was above the limit. By the end of the time I was allowed to keep the books they were all read. Of course this was the time that children had good reading teachers and great books to boot.
My goal in book selection was to read every book up to the time, I made the list. The list was to read all of the Pulitzer Prize winning books. Boy the time I had read them all, I would be mentally prepared to write a Pulitzer winner myself.
These were wonderful books. I am happy that women were included in the selection and winning books. Some people had won the award two times. I learned later that a few times it was a friend on the selection board who won. Boo! That was not fair even if the winners were good one. I have read about 20 of the books. But I wanted the book number one on my list and found that difficult to find. My husband found it for me an d I am reading the book occasionally. So next goal is to read this book for about 30 minutes per day. That is fair. And if I find something worthy, in something special in this book, I'll read until I feel like putting it down.
Now you might wonder what books I liked. Most of them were classics. You know, the ones you had to read in high school or college. Let me tell you. There are some great books. Some were even made into movies.
I liked, in no particular order: Gone with the Wind, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Good Earth, one by Hemingway, and a couple more that were read a long time ago.I lost my list so I'll have to finish later.
But in my story, I want to have love, family problems, and a few surprises along the way.
Is this too much for you? Am I boring right now? Well I plan to do better in the future. I am getting back on my plan to work on my novel. I have all of my resources lined up. It probably will not like a big book but I hope one that you can't put down. (You're thinking "Right! Promises! Promises!" )
My goodness touchy aren't we! Tsk.Tsk. Wait and see. I'll have you begging for more. Take care. Find a nice place to read. Be good. Signing off!!!

© Copyright 2024 Dorianne (UN: jumacu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dorianne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073128-My-book-should-make-you-a-fan--I-hope