*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073385-Halifax-Nova-Scotia
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1073385 added June 30, 2024 at 9:04pm
Restrictions: None
Halifax Nova Scotia
Halifax, Nova Scotia


         The week of 6/17 found me in Halifax, Nova Scotia.  To be honest, I was across the Benford Basin, staying in Dartmouth.  Either way, I was still in Nova Scotia again. *Smile*

         This was another Networking class, with the delivery of it a little 'shaky' the week before.  This was because those in the shipping world had changed the requirements to ship something Internationally, so the support staff was scrambling to learn how to meet those requirements.  All was well though, the shipment arrived just in time.  What was the shipment?  A large Pelican Case, about 3x3x3 containing 3 Routers and 3 Switches with all the necessary cables to support their operation in class.  If that Pelican Case hadn't been shipped, the customer had provided two switches and routers for the class.  I don't like using customer equipment for a class, especially since one switch and one router had already been configured for use.  But, everything went our way, so all was well.

         The class itself flowed smoothly, the students were great.  During breaks we'd go off topic, one of them provided me pointers on using my new Pit Boss Smoker and said to email him if I had any questions about smoking food.  The problem is, I don't remember who volunteered!  I'll be fine with that though, plus there are neighbors around with Meat Smoking experience.  I really enjoyed this class though.  Once in a while students can (and will) make a class delivery a little tough.  Not this time though, everything went smoothly

         Noteworthy Restaurants:

         Ela!  Greek Taverna Restaurant          https://elagreektaverna.com/dinner/          Do you enjoy Greek Food?  Maybe Mediterranean Food?  Then you need to dine here!  This was the best meal I had all week.  Yummmmm.  I enjoyed three of their Appetizers.  Halloumi (Pan-fried and panko-crusted cheese with sweet pickled beets and tzatziki), Spanakopita (Fresh spinach, feta, green onion, dill wrapped in filo with feta cream sauce), and Seftalia (Lamb and beef meatballs, herbs and spices with grilled pita and tzatziki).  Of course I had leftovers for the next day's lunch.  To top if off, I had an excellent glass of house-made lemonade.  This is a place I would definitely return to.

         Sushi Nami Royale          https://sushinami.ca/dartmouth-crossing/          You might be thinking 'Sushi in Nova Scotia?  C'mon Jim, get some Fish n Chips!  I know, it's just that I was in the mood for Sushi.  Their Volcano Roll was a bit different, the server held it near the table, flames leaping up from the Sushi Roll.  It didn't hurt the flavor none, other than causing it to need a bit of cooling before I could enjoy it.  I also had a nice bowl of Shoyu Ramen.  Another restaurant I need to visit on a future trip, should I get to return here.


         My Current Schedule

July 8: Fort Bragg NC

July 15:  Vacation (Staying home)

July 22:  Los Angeles

July 29:  Schaumburg

Aug 5:  Cavalier AFB (I am cross training a new instructor for this class, he will most likely deliver it instead of me)

Aug 12:  Los Angeles

Aug 19:  International Travel

Aug 26:  Frankfurt, Germany

Sept 2:  International Travel

Sept 9:  Boston

Sept 16:  San Francisco

Sept 23:  Montana (Hungry Horse Dam)

Sept 30:  Vacation


         If any of you in the LA area would like to meet up, I have an idea.  I will be there in July and August, so here's my thoughts.  I realize that getting away from the family can be tough, so let's meet at a Pizza place.  I'll provide Pizza(s), all you need to do is show up with the family (and children).  Drinks or anything besides Pizza is on you.  What do you think?  Is this something that could be done?  The best days for me would be either Sunday, or Friday, late afternoon/evening.  I'd love to meet anyone from WDC who is in the area.


         That's it for now.  I am home for the week of July 4th before heading out again.  Until my next entry, write all you can, and love everyone, especially those special people who fill your life!



JimD



© Copyright 2024 Sum1 Is Home! (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 Is Home! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073385-Halifax-Nova-Scotia