*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073635-Revisited-The-End-is-Nigh
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1073635 added July 7, 2024 at 10:07am
Restrictions: None
Revisited: "The End is Nigh"
I was far more prone to writing really short blog entries in the far-distant past, like this one from December of 2007: "The End is Nigh

Partly, it's because the Newsfeed hadn't been invented yet. I don't remember exactly when WDC added that feature. It was a while ago, but certainly not as far back as 2007.

But also, I think I had it in my head to write something every day, even if it was brief. Thus, you get utterly useless posts like that one. Nowadays, I still try to write something every day (at which I've been successful for about four and a half years, now), but I do try to make it worthwhile. Usually.

The end of the year, that is.

That, of course, referred to the clickbait title of the entry.

It doesn't feel like the end of the year. In fact, it feels like 2007 has just gotten started. That may be because I'm still working toward the same goals, trying to get the same stuff done.

Oh, to be young again and have "goals" and stuff to "get done."

Okay, traveling may count as a goal; I don't know.

Whatever.

Ah, yes, the rallying cry of my generation!

Tuesday is just another day (except, of course, for certain writing.com activities).

December 29, the date of that entry, was on a Saturday; by "Tuesday," apparently, I was referring to the day of January 1, 2008.

I have no idea what activities Past Me was talking about.

And just like always, first I have to make it through Sunday

Nor do I have the foggiest clue what he was going on about with that. Sundays have never been particularly onerous for me, insofar as I can recall. At the time, I was actively running a business, which meant that sometimes I had to work on Sundays (and Saturdays, and holidays, and evenings), but rarely was that the case during those liminal days leading up to the new year.

Also cringeworthy: I ended the entry with a smiley-face emoticon. *Gag*

© Copyright 2024 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1073635-Revisited-The-End-is-Nigh