*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074404-Fire
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1074404 added July 26, 2024 at 2:45am
Restrictions: None
Fire
Use these words in your entry today: wildfire, lightning, fear, wildlife, emergency, inspiration, and overwhelming. This prompt is inspired by the fires in Jaspar National Park. Have you faced a situation like they are now in your community?

Wildfires, or bushfires are common in Australia. There have been terrible losses of life and property all over this big country. Lightning strikes are often a cause of devastating fires when we experience dry thunderstorms. Thousands of lightning strikes occur during such storms and fires are started in many difficult locations for the firefighters to access.

The loss of wildlife is always a concern and wildlife volunteers work tirelessly to help those native animals. The fear they must experience as they attempt to outrun the flames is heartbreaking to consider.
When we had a massive fire a few years ago and lost many hundreds of Koalas, the photographs of a Koala drinking out of a water bottle offered to it by a firefighter was shown around the world. Donations poured in from as far as the USA. The response was overwhelming. Watching vision of our emergency services and firefighters is inspirational.
We live in a fire prone environment ourselves so are completely aware of the danger summer brings each year. We are told we must have a fire plan in place so as we know whether we’re leaving or staying to defend our homes.
The two most damaging things nature throws at us are fire and floods. We’ve had many, many of each to contend with, each one bringing its own heartache.

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074404-Fire