*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074522-Say-Something-I-Was-Just-Joking
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#1074522 added July 28, 2024 at 10:35pm
Restrictions: None
Say Something.... I Was Just Joking
Blog City - DAY 3167 July 27, 2024

Which one of these cliche comments annoys you the most and why--
1.“Back in my day…” 2, “You’re so lucky you don’t have to work.” 3, “Oh, you’re still doing that?” 4, “We never did things that way.” 5, “Are you sure you want to eat that?” 6. “That’s not how we raised our children.” 7. “I just want what’s best for you.” 8, “I was just joking!”

These all tend to annoy me, especially the ones that judge. It's none of their business. The worse one for me is number 8 - "I was just joking!"

This is usually said when the Joke was uncalled for or viewed as actually hurtful and not funny at all. The person who said the offending 'joke' is usually an insensitive idiot who doesn't even realize they were being an asshole.

I don't like these kind of people.

I follow this gentleman on Instagram and he has great ways to call someone out on this:
https://www.tiktok.com/@justaskjefferson/video/7311500045625363755?lang=en



Blogging Circle of Friends - Day 3562 July 27th, 2024


A Great Big World by Christina Aquilera if you would rather go to YouTube yourself. Let this music video inspire your entry today. What did you think of the harmonies? The images chosen?

This song came out around the same time my marriage broke up. I was the one unable to speak. Unable to speak my truth for fear of hurting my partner's feelings and raising his ire. He was honest enough to hurt mine, but I could not get the words out. I could only leave - turn tail and run.

My ex husband was not a bad person, he was just not good for me and I was not good for him.

So this song haunts me. Love the images.

Another song that came out around the same time... or it resonated with me because of the place I was in was this song:



© Copyright 2024 đź’™ Carly - aka Joan Watson (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
đź’™ Carly - aka Joan Watson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074522-Say-Something-I-Was-Just-Joking