*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074683-The-Heat-is-on
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1074683 added August 2, 2024 at 12:31pm
Restrictions: None
The Heat is on

Another round of hot weather hit us. Yesterday the thermometer hit 100°. Today it's supposed to go just a bit higher. I walked around town, and it was every bit that extreme. I was one big bundle of sweat when I got home. One of those 'change all the clothes and wash yourself off' kind of sweating. Then lay down for a time. Drink lots of water. Eat some light food for lunch.

But it's all good at night when the temperature goes into the 60's. Tonight we may not be so lucky.

I'm in another play. This one's a real hilarious take on a boarding house, and all the characters in it. Seems they are looking for supposed buried gold in the basement. I play a hypochondriac. I think I have one ailment after another. Cold, pneumonia, toe fungus, among others. Should be funny, I know we laugh a lot during rehearsals. I'm riding with another lady from Roundup, so the drive through the deer suicide highway is not stressful for me. I give her a donation each trip for gas. Also for taking the stress off me and my driving my new-to-us car down the short trip and hitting a deer.

I am going to a church board meeting Sunday and telling the group I am stepping down from another position at church. I already am giving up printing the weekly bulletins for the worship service. I was doing it until they found someone else, as a favor. Well, that's been going on for a year. Time's up. Now I will also not be doing the communication for the church. So many reasons. One of which is no one tells me, the communications person, what is going on. So I'm eliminating this stressor as well. Sorry, but you know, not sorry.

The past two years have so challenging for me. I have two part-time jobs now. I need to channel my energies to what I love. And the creative juices, if you will, to what I am good at. Writing.


© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074683-The-Heat-is-on