*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1075101-Shoes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(131)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1075101 added August 11, 2024 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
Shoes
"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise | Day 3183 Prompt


I'll be the first to admit that my fashion choices (particularly when it comes to shoes) are not the most sophisticated. As someone who works from home most of the time (and even when I do work in the office, the entertainment industry is famously casual on the production side), I don't have a lot of occasions to dress up. Most years, I wear a suit (or shirt and tie) less than half a dozen times. My go-to is a pair of jeans and a button-down shirt rolled up at the sleeves... with athletic shoes. I have a couple of pairs of running shoes that I wear most often (Hoka and Brooks are my favorite brands), and then I have a couple other pairs of casual shoes (currently Vans).

Part of the issue is that, even if I did have an occasion to wear nicer things, I doubt I would because I just don't really care all that much about being fashionable. Comfort trumps style in my book, so even if someone came to me and said, "I'll buy you any pair of shoes you want," I'd immediately start thinking about something that I can comfortably wear day-in-day-out rather than, say, an expensive pair of dress shoes that would come out of my closet maybe a couple of times a year.

I suppose if I could try anything out, I'd go for one of those hybrid shoes that they're starting to make now, where they're leather dress shoes on top, but have athletic shoe soles. They're supposed to be super comfortable and also look a little classier. There's a version by a company called Wolf and Shepherd which I've never heard of before and charges $295 for the shoes (also more than I'm likely to ever spend on a pair of shoes), so I suppose I'd take a flier on something like that if I ever had an opportunity to go out and have someone buy me a new pair of shoes. In the absence of that, I'm probably sticking with my year-old Hokas and Vans until it's time to replace them. *Smile*


(352 words)

© Copyright 2024 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1075101-Shoes