*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1075502-On-Repetition
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1075502 added August 20, 2024 at 10:22am
Restrictions: None
On Repetition
Prompt: Repetition
What do you think about events, people, knowledge and thoughts that keep repeating themselves? Are they ever useful to you?


-----------

Repetition is annoying. Even my own repetition annoys me when I have to do the same thing over and over. Sometimes I forget that I did something and start doing it all over again, and then, I get mad at myself.

The same goes for other people who keep repeating the same woes, the same stories, the same everything, but then, I always think, this is because they are old like me and they can forget, even if I'm so annoyed.

My annoyance could be because of how our brains work. Brains like new stuff and the same old stuff causes a sensory overload. Just imagine listening to the sound of a leaky faucet until the plumber arrives. That's when we think, "Thank god for plumbers!"

Then, like with anything else, repetition means being stuck in the same place, forever. This can lead to mental fatigue and a sense of being trapped in the same place. Our minds and our selves need stimulation to keep up our sanity and interest in our surroundings. This is because of repetition's oppression, making us feel powerless.

And I hope I haven't repeated myself while writing this entry. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1075502-On-Repetition