*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
11
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076235-Alf-the-Dragon
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1076235 added September 4, 2024 at 10:32am
Restrictions: None
Alf the Dragon
FORUM
Blog Week Birthday Bastion 2024  (13+)
Blogging event from September 1-7, 2024. Closed.
#2277665 by WakeUpAndLive️~Happiness
words 471
Brian, the young blacksmith in the village of Yap, worked hard each and every day. He was struggling though to keep his business thriving after his father’s death. The villagers were dubious to hire Brian to make a special gift for their wives or girlfriends as they didn’t think he had the craftsmanship of his old man. This was a shame as Brian, prided himself on his talent.
One day feeling deeply sorry for himself, feeling as if he had let the memory of his father down, he wandered through the forest contemplating his future. He had planned to ask his girlfriend, Maddie, to marry him in the spring, but the lack of business and so the lack of money, stopped him from asking her.
The sun was trying to break through the morning fog. As he walked, he wondered what he ought to do to regain the trust of the villagers. There might be a gimmick he hadn’t yet thought of which would stop his customers leaving the village and taking their business to ‘Jacob’s Ironmongery’ in the next town.
As he walked, his head hung low, eyes to the winding path, he saw a bright white stone. Even in the gloom it shone. He bent down to pick it up but soon noticed it wasn’t a stone but an egg. It was nothing like any other egg he had ever seen before. The shell felt tough, not fragile like the eggs he used to collect in the spring from nests high in trees when he a boy.
He shook it, there was something in there. He tucked into his pocket and took it home.
Putting it on to a south facing window ledge, where it would get the most sunshine, he promptly forgot all about it.
The next morning, he heard a cheeping noise coming from the kitchen and saw to his disbelief a tiny dragon, complete with wings.
The dragon whispered to Brian and told him he was magic and asked if there was anything he could do to help.
Brian was agog, thought he was having a nervous breakdown. The dragon told him his name was Alf and sent by Brian’s father to help. He suggested that he could be the gimmick Brian had been searching for. He could breathe fire instead of using the forge. People could come and watch as the pair manufactured beautiful objects using Alf’s fire and Brian’s skill.
And it came to reality that Brian advertised his new apprentice. Alf the fire eating dragon.
Alf grew bigger each day and his fire blowing ability grew with him. People had to shield themselves from the heat.
Brian’s business grew exponentially and before long he and Maddie could afford to get married. Of course, Alf was the best man at the wedding.

Prompt: https://www.writing.com/main/images/action/display/ver/1725345464/item_id/232472...

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076235-Alf-the-Dragon