*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
8
9
11
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076297-My-writing-journey
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1076297 added September 7, 2024 at 1:01am
Restrictions: None
My writing journey
Prompt 5. Sept 5.
FORUM
Blog Week Birthday Bastion 2024  (13+)
Blogging event from September 1-7, 2024. Closed.
#2277665 by WakeUpAndLive️~Happiness

384

The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss
Tell us more about the writer in you. Plans/Aspirations/Fears/Status etc?

I am not an aspirational writer by any means. I began my writing journey when I was seventy. It seemed like a milestone when I thought I should write down my life story for my family. I had no idea about computers at all and went to a local computer classes for seniors.
I am known by my family as a bit of a Pollyanna. My saying has always been, Always look on the Bright Side of Life. I even have a gold bracelet inscribed with that saying on it. There’s even talk of the song from The Life of Brian of the same name being my funeral song!

Anyway, after blood sweat and tears I produced my life story called, Always Look on the. Right Side of Life. My granddaughter made the cover and each of the family received a copy. That was ten years ago and the writing bug had bitten me. That was when I joined a local writing group. On the first day I was so nervous. Who was I who thought she might be able to write? I began to get more confidence as the weeks and months went by. After several years my sights went to a Writing Centre where people came to stay from all over the country. Again I was nervous and felt like an imposter when I joined a ladies only group. I’ve been there for five years now and feel as if I am an integral member.
About the same time I discovered WdC and that was the beginning of feeling as if I could call myself a writer.
In the years since I found WdC I know I’ve improved my skills, mostly with the help of other members as they’ve reviewed, suggested and praised.

I’ve no aspirations other than to keep coming up with new stories to write.
As for fears I’m too old to be scared anymore. If people don’t want to read anything I’ve written, then that’s ok.
Status? The only status I seek is to be okay with how my life is going.





Frog in a Hanging Basket




© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076297-My-writing-journey