*Magnify*
◄     September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
7
8
15
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076618-9-11-2024
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2326194
A new blog to contain answers to prompts
#1076618 added September 11, 2024 at 1:22pm
Restrictions: None
9-11-2024
1. Prompt: James Earl Jones died. Were you a fan of this man? What do you think were his crowning moments in acting, meaning his best acting parts?

***************

2. Remembering 9/11/2001


------

I liked James Earl Jones just fine. I think he was an excellent actor and gave his all to the characters he portrayed and his low voice was adaptable to many other voiced-in parts.

Having said that, I am not a fan of anyone in Hollywood or anyone who has anything to do with the movie business. I feel there are many other areas in life that are more efficient in helping us humans survive, but those people in those other areas are never paid half as much as the Hollywood people, nor do they become half as famous or revered half as much.

Still, it is sad to see the people who are close or older -as in relation to my age- pass away.
RIP James Earl Jones (Jan 17, 1931--Sep 9, 2024)
I'll always remember and respect him as Obi Wan.


Here is what Wikipedia has about this actor:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Earl_Jones

###################


9/11/2001


On a much more serious note, today is the 23rd anniversary of the attack on the USA by some thugs that took down the twin towers in New York City and attacked the Pentagon.

The New York's ABC station says this on the ceremonies of remembrance, today:

"The National September 11 Memorial & Museum hosted its annual commemoration ceremony to observe the 23rd anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks, honoring the 2,983 men, women, and children killed in the 2001 attacks at the World Trade Center site, the Pentagon, aboard Flight 93, and those killed in the February 26, 1993, World Trade Center bombing.

The September 11 commemoration on Wednesday was for family members of the victims, who are invited as always to participate in the reading of the names.

Families of those killed clutched photographs of their loved ones, leaving flowers by their names at the 9/11 memorial and take rubbings where the names are etched on parapets surrounding the pools.

Many of the names were read aloud by a generation of children who never met the people killed in the attack -- instead they shared memories preserved by family."

Also, here's another Wikipedia article on the memorial here in Florida, for the victims of 9/11/2001.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_Memorial_(Windermere,_Florida)





© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076618-9-11-2024