*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076855-September-15-2024
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #2299971
My journal about my conversion to Judaism.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1076855 added September 15, 2024 at 10:20pm
Restrictions: None
September 15, 2024
Imagine one day you wake up and the flower garden that you enjoyed yards away from your home is suddenly a concrete bomb shelter. This is the reality in Israel. One artist Elyasaf Miara missed the beautiful flowers that were once there, and so, he decided to do something about it. That one painting of the bomb shelter in his hometown became a full time job. He now goes around the country painting bomb shelters.

https://www.youtube.com/@elyasafmiara3934/videos

I feel selfish for missing the country, but I do. I miss the flowers everywhere and the over abundance of trees and animals. I miss houses that look different and are spread far apart, or are tiny little structures overlooking a lake. I try to imagine what it would be like for the little bit of beauty that I have here in the city to be gone.

There were women who survived October 7 who spoke. One woman left the area with her children and took her single mother neighbor with her as part of her family. Her nephew and brother-in-law did not make it out alive. Another woman hid with her 9 year-old daughter who has been battling anxiety attacks and nightmares. When she said, "I knew that I had to be strong for her and assure her that everything would be okay. Because I had to." I knew that she would be okay. That is a phrase that every mother who has gone through trauma with her children has said, and has done.

These people didn't just take the phrase "Never give up" and live by it. They transformed it into "I refuse to give up and will do all I can to help you keep going too." Listening to their stories was truly inspiring.

If we are to surround ourselves with the people that we wish to emulate, then I know that I am in the right place. I see kindness in so many actions. I see love, concern, and care for one another on a daily basis. They are also so giving of their most precious commodity, time. There is no place that I would rather be on earth than right here, right now. My heart is full.


© Copyright 2024 Jeanette (UN: babygirl328 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeanette has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076855-September-15-2024