*Magnify*
◄     September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
7
8
15
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076876-The-World-Needs
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2326194
A new blog to contain answers to prompts
#1076876 added September 16, 2024 at 11:10am
Restrictions: None
The World Needs...
Prompt:
"The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all what the world needs most are dreamers that do.”
Anonymous
At this point in our time, what do you think the world needs most?

------

It seems to me this quote itself is dreaming, as not all dreamers-to-doers do positive things. Take the mess in Ukraine and the Middle East, for example. Aren't those the handiworks of doers? I am also sure, those doers had their own versions of dreams and that's why they took such actions. Dreaming and doing can be a wonderful asset, but only if in the positive sense.

Then, for a better world, in addition to the positivity of dreaming and doing, at least a few virtues need to be added into the mix. One should be, do no harm; not to your friends, yourself, or to your rivals and enemies, at least knowingly. Some may classify not doing harm under kindness, but I look at it as decent human behavior. Kindness, on the other hand, has more to do with action as it means being understanding and doing good thing for others.

Kindness also has to do with caring about others and possibly putting the good of everyone or a specific person among one's own self-interests. Then, as a side note--as much as I appreciate most of the values of the Stoics--I find some of their values as extremely self-centered and unkind, if you check the versions of stoicism that are crowding the YouTube and the internet today.

Surely, you might ask, how shall I let the other person know that I don't approve their negative or bad words or behavior? I guess it is a better idea to just walk away and leave them alone. This might let them know what they did or said was wrong and this cold-shouldering them may help to keep the peace.

Coming back to kindness and caring for the good of everyone, first, one must keep in mind that all people need respect, no matter their differences. Then, maybe a few other acts of kindness may be added to the mix, such as: volunteering, helping someone with a difficult task, calling and reaching out to lonely people and friends, spending quality time with family and loved ones, and being generous both with one's time, positivity, and material things.

Kindness has another side advantage for those who do kind acts. That advantage is compassion or the ability to feel with others, which is, in my humble opinion, what is lacking in this world, today. Only through compassion, one may show love and kindness to others without expecting anything in return, simply because they are human beings who deserve to be treated nicely and respectfully.

We all belong here on earth, at least during our given time on it. Why not make it a place, then, where all human beings can have happy and decent lives!



© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076876-The-World-Needs