*Magnify*
◄     September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
7
8
15
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076989-TV-Well-not-much
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2326194
A new blog to contain answers to prompts
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1076989 added September 19, 2024 at 11:40am
Restrictions: None
TV? Well, not much.
Prompt: Do you watch Reality TV Shows like Survivor? Write about this in your Blog entry today.

------

I'm not much of a TV watcher. I used to watch some things with my husband for he was a TV enthusiast; however, he liked watching the real-life and business stuff. like the CNBC channel and documentaries.

Still, when we were much younger we did watch comedies like I Dream of Jeannie, Gilligan's Island, and that witch show in which the witch used to twitch her nose, only because hubby liked good actors and needed comic relief from his job. Come to think of it, he really liked The Honeymooners and Jackie Gleason as Ralph Kramden. Both Jackie Gleason and especially his buddy Art Carney made him laugh out loud. When I pointed out the verbal abuse in Ralph's "Pow! To the moon, Alice!" threat, he would say, Ralph never meant it. In fact, he said, Ralph was afraid of what Alice, with her wit and wisdom, would do to Ralph.

As for me, even then, I wasn't into watching TV all that much, but I sat with him and knitted or did some sewing while we watched. Right now, after him, I only watch the local channels for news while having supper, and once in a blue moon, something on PBS.

I've heard of Survivor but never watched it. I'm sure it may be a very good show, but at this stage in my life, I'd rather read a book or listen to something I find interesting on the Web, while I do housework or cooking. Luckily, I came upon the wireless earbuds and now, I can even walk around the house and listen.

I mean what do you expect from a person who knew the early days of TV, and even then, she was into listening to the radio! *Rolling*



© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076989-TV-Well-not-much