*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/110679-Prom-2001-05-19-01
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #165682
This is my [somewhat] daily journal!
#110679 added June 6, 2001 at 1:32pm
Restrictions: None
Prom 2001 [05-19-01]
 (This entry was edited by rurouni on 06-06-01 @ 1:32 pm EDT)

Yes, its finally here! It seems to me, that it has been one strange year, and its going to end strangely too. But.. anyway. I wasn't even going to go to prom this year, but everyone talked me into it. *grumble grumble* so i'm going in a japanese hakama (the skirt-like pants the old samurai wore), with a dark purple top. (I wanted blue, but in such a short time, this was all I could get)..

Since prom hasn't really happend yet.. (its only 12:09 at the time of this writing), I can't explain what happens. but, I can give you the general plan, and then when I get home, I can update the journal.

Original Plan


Get Picked up around 6:00 pm

Go to Dinner (dunno where just yet)

Go bug Jenni. (she isn't going to prom)

Go to Prom.

Stay until about 1:00 am, then go to Wal-mart to bug Andy.

Go home (?)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the offical update. Prom was a blast. The actual schedule that we followed was almost exact as the one I mentioned above.

I'd like to point out, though, that it was pouring down rain for most of the night. (ugh! stupid rain!). We first went to McDonald's and ate a 20 piece (Scott and I ate most of it) and then decided we needed to go bug Jenni-dono and try to make her go.

After pulling up, she came out to greet us. (although, she stayed where it was nice and DRY)... She invited us into her house, and we accepted.

Inside, she showed off her super cool laptop she got as a graduation present. *grumble its better than my machine at home grumble* grr.. its.....unbelieveable! I can't believe... er... aaargh!! Here I am complaining about such a really cool machine. Mine was about to die (the power supply was going bad), but its all fixed up. Oh well, I won't be too jealous.

After spending a ton of time on the comp, we watched some TV! She also gets a really cool amount of channels. *grumble again* see a pattern here? Anyway, we ended up watching a cooking show. not a normal cooking show, mind you, but one that had a japanese announcer and SUB TITLES! IT WAS SO COOL!!

We then took some pictures... ( all prom pictures are posted at: http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/torunkusu/prom2/index.html )..and then we finally left to go to the actual prom.

There really isn't too much to say about the actual prom. It was pretty fun. I danced with Karen (pic 20, on the left) and Megan (pic 30). I would have danced with many more people, but the music was too fast... and they hardly ever stopped to play a slow song.

Towards the end Chauncey managed to get a hold of a huge bottle of spirte and was drinking it all around the room. It looked like he was drunk towards the end, and I was told (by him) that someone had actually threatend to take the bottle away from him. It was quite a site to see!

Once Prom was comlpetely over, we all left to Wal-Mart. We ran into Andy, who told us we had 30 minutes before his break. We went toy-shopping, and even found some of the new DBZ model kits.

Finally Andy showed up, and we went back into the Van (Scott's van) and was talking to him. After about another half-hour or so, Andy had to return into HFIL, and we decided to go home... to sleep.. ahh..such a fun day to come to an end..

© Copyright 2001 James (Himura) (UN: rurouni at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
James (Himura) has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/110679-Prom-2001-05-19-01