*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/115315-Gods-Plan
Rated: ASR · Book · Spiritual · #135312
Who are we? Where are we going? Should we even care?
#115315 added July 6, 2001 at 11:53pm
Restrictions: None
God's Plan
I have heard some good arguments and bad arguments against my ideas, but I’ve yet to hear or read anything that truly shatters my theories. I mean, I don’t try to impose my ideas upon others, but argument is the best way to improve upon those theories.

Okay, sure, there are things in this universe that we don’t understand or even know about. Does that mean that God made it happen? Truly, that must be some sort of ignorance. I mean, there have been many miracles that have been documented. Now, why must it be God and not something else? Something tangible. Okay, it may seem to be the work of God or some holy messenger, like an angel, but if the common person just assumes that God made it happen, where has the curiosity gone? If humanity in general discounts everything it doesn’t understand as divine intervention, the curiosity is gone. It seems like only those people who do not believe so strongly in God make any real progress into uncharted territories of science and discovery. That’s not to say that you can’t believe in God and still be a scientist, but religion and science must first wrestle with each other in the mind of the scientist before either one disappears or some compromise is made. That compromise tends to be a double-denial of the other existing. The religious side ignores science when at church and the scientific side ignores the religious when in the lab. In the end, those who refuse to believe that God did or made that phenomenal event happen make progress.

Also, why must everything be God’s plan? If Satan is interfering with human life all the time, who is to say what God’s plan for each one of us is? For example, if God’s plan for little Suzy is to save orphans in Africa and influence God’s plan for twenty other people, but then Satan comes along and makes the Joe drive home drunk and ends up killing little Suzy, what happens to God’s plan? Suddenly, God’s plan for Suzy is gone and so is God’s plan for twenty other people, who have abruptly lost their only influence in God’s plan for them. Of course, if you just write everything off as God’s plan, where does Satan come in to mix things up? And how do you know you are doing God’s plan? Your plan for life my change at any moment by either an agent of God or by an agent of Satan. Either way, someone is taking away your freedom of choice that humans supposedly had. As far as I know, God doesn’t control Satan, so Satan is the random variable in God’s grand scheme. So unless God’s plan for every person on the planet takes in every conceivable even that could influence every person, I don’t think that anyone can realistically meet God’s plan for him or her. I mean, we make so many fundamental choices about our lives based on our own suffering and memories of tragic events as well as happy and positive events. Who is to say how many choices were made based on the direct or indirect influence of God or Satan? Of course, one might say that it is always our choice to follow the path that God has made for us. How do I know that I’m not following that path? Furthermore, in order for one to make the choice, that question, the crossroads in paths, must be posed. Of course, that decision is made at an event or as a response to a person. Either way, since the question of divine paths is asked because of the choices other people made, who is to say that those other people didn’t choose to go down the right path and therefore never asked the question to the original person? More simply put, how can one go down the right path if the right path never existed because someone else didn’t go down the path that leads to the right path for that one person? In there end, there are two ways that events can happen. The first is that there really isn’t any control and destiny as all there is (aka God’s plan) or life in random and no one is in control. In my opinion, there can be no God’s plan and human freedom at the same time because God simply cannot take in every random (aka Satan’s) contingency. If He could, there would be no Satan and we would still be the slaves of destiny and fate. Either way, God’s plan takes away human freedom. In God’s plan, He either controls our lives and directs everything and everyone to His plan, which denies human choice, or He has thought of every contingency, which also denies human choice. Therefore, if we have human freedom of choice, then God must not have any plan for use, at least no strictly enforced plan. I mean, the only way you could ever make God’s plan for you come true is to give up human freedom and devote your life to Him. Of course, that may have been God’s plan all along, so no choice was ever made. If one made a different choice, like to be a whore instead, God’s plan would have been shot. Hell, He’d probably have to revise his Holy Plan to fit the new circumstances (since as a whore, she’d have kids for sure, all of which have plans made for them by God, but you see, those kids were never meant to come into existence in the first place). Having a dynamic plan is akin to having no plan at all. So you see, if you believe in human freedom, you cannot say that something was God’s plan because it is impossible for God to have anything more that an utterly vague plan.

"There's just something about you that just pisses me off."
I,Q
"I can't imagine a God who would care."
"Every moment we are alive is a moment that we have cheated Death."
Myself

© Copyright 2001 SyntheticGod (UN: synthetic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SyntheticGod has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/115315-Gods-Plan