*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/139470-Reincarnation
Rated: ASR · Book · Spiritual · #135312
Who are we? Where are we going? Should we even care?
#139470 added December 22, 2001 at 5:35pm
Restrictions: None
Reincarnation
I can't recall if I've mentioned this, but I do beleive in reincarnation. In fact, I beleive that I have had past lives. I feel it in my bones and what little soul I can perceive.

I feel it when I get up in the morning. Like a "not again" sort of thought. Most days I wish to be dead, to move on from this world. It's a feeling of profound tiredness of being alive. I honestly can't explain why I feel this way, but I do nonetheless. By any degree of normalacy, I should feel like I have have my whole life ahead of me, like I have promise and happy to be here. I see others my age with aspirations, dreams, and lives I cannot comprehend. Sure, I have dreams, but most of them don't involve my being here.

So the only way I can explain my lack of interest in being alive is that I am an old soul who just wants to rest. How else can I explain it?

Reincarnation also works within my set of beleifs. A probable lack of a traditional afterlife would mean that we either cease to exist or our souls continue on within the context of the universe. I also think that the theory of parallel universes would allow the same soul to exist in many differernt universes, some of which may be vastly different.

Consider that there are an infinite number of myself (and everyone else) in an infinite number of parallel universes. In each of those universes, I may be dead or alive, I may have many different professions, and I may have a very different life. But the connection of the soul between all of them is constant, or so I beleive it to be. In some, I have died, in others, I have only just been born. Assumming that my soul has existed throughout time in the multiverse, then my soul must either move between the universes to be reborn (after the death of the original body in the original universe) or the soul remains in a single universe and is reborn.

The point is, my soul could not have begun to exist at a single point (my conception, for instance), if in other universe, I had already been born. Of course, I have to assume that there is a trans-universal link between souls and that time within the universes is linear and co-dependant on each other. What I mean by co-dependence is that all universes were created at the same time with the same basic properties by the Creator and that any given time index in any given universes is the same as the time index of any other universe. Anyway, if my soul always exists in every universe and in some I am alive, then it had to have been born at some time. That seems like an obvious statement, but it implies that my soul existed before I was conceived (weather or not my soul chose to be born, or was forced in unknown).

I will coninue this line of thought later.

"I can't imagine a God who would care."
"Every moment we are alive is a moment that we have cheated Death."
Myself
Member of the "Invalid Item
Please read my journal "Late Night Philosophy

© Copyright 2001 SyntheticGod (UN: synthetic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SyntheticGod has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/139470-Reincarnation