*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203700-Escape
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #559708
Einah's wants to get a mysterious dagger. Magnus is a soldier with an unsettled past..
#203700 added November 3, 2002 at 11:59pm
Restrictions: None
Escape
When I felt the temperature change, I knew that he was on the right track. It wasn't quite as cold and damp, and the darkness wasn't quite as stifling as before. I was also aware that if the air didn't smell quite so much like death, that there would be more guards patrolling the corridors. I could only hope that they were as 'well-trained' as was the one that guarded the document post.
Suddenly I came upon the entrance, soldiers escorting new prisoners in and taking the bodies of old ones out. Since I was luckily still encased in shadows I wasn’t seen. Quickly, I slipped into an open cell near the entrance, noting that the lock was broken so I wouldn’t get stuck in there. I decided to bide my time, waiting for the perfect opportunity to escape. The day passed and I memorized when the change in guard was, and when it occurred. I would see them heading off toward the pub. I could smell the aroma of cooking food and hear the raucous laughter from the spirits the customers had bought. Silently, I pushed down the hunger that had begun to gnaw at my insides and turned my attention away to my immediate surroundings. That’s when I noticed another reason this cell hadn’t been occupied.
There was a small hole in the roof towards the corner of the ceiling. It cast a miniscule amount of light, which was why I hadn’t noticed it before. I crept towards the hole, and found that it was larger than I had thought. Directly underneath it was a pile of rubbish, old rags and cloths covered with blood, vomit, and certain other unmentionables. Gingerly stepping on them and holding my breath against the stench, I stuck my hand out of the hole. I started to push away the dirt that surrounded the hole, making it bigger but at the same time trying not to make any noise. I could see the change in the sunlight as dusk approached. By that time the hole was big enough for me to fit through, and I was waiting for night to fall and the guard to change so I could escape.
The actual escape was surprisingly easy. I pulled myself through the hole in the ceiling and crouched on top of the roof. Silently I made my way towards the side of the dungeon, careful to stay on the support beams that outlined the rooms. Once at the sidewall, I jumped down onto the grass nearby so as to dampen the sound of my fall. It was about seven feet from the ground and I landed hard, but it wasn’t enough of a height for me to injure myself.
Straightening up, I breathed in the cool air surrounding me, filling my lungs with the aroma of freedom. Now to get away from this prison. I pulled up my skirt to show more leg while adjusting my shirt to allow more cleavage to be shown. I was a little dirty, but that was normal enough for a prostitute. Just as I was rounding the corner, a soldier came around, apparently there because nature had called. Putting on a coy smile, I sauntered up to him, sashaying my hips as I went. He saw me immediately, and instantly his other purpose was forgotten.
“What are you doing over here? Did you get lost?” He asked, putting his arm around me and pulling me close against his body.
“I guess so… or maybe I was just waiting for you.” I purred, draping my arm around his neck, pushing away the disgust that threatened to choke me, and instead licking my lips sensually.
It seemed to have the right effect on him. “Well, here I am.”
I looked behind his head, seemingly worried. “But aren’t you supposed to be working?” Just as he looked, his superior officer looked over at him dubiously. With a groan, he released me. Smiling, I cupped his cheek and looked him in the eye. “Don’t worry about me sugar, I’ll be waiting for you when you get off your shift.”
“Where will I meet you?” He asked when I moved to leave his grasp.
“I’ll be at the White Pony Tavern. I’ll be counting the hours.” I said, pouting my lips just enough. When he still wouldn’t let me go, I brought my lips to his, letting him explore my mouth with his tongue. When he finally pulled away breathlessly, I smiled and left, trailing my hand across his shoulders before I left, swaying my hips gently as I did. Walking away was the hardest part. I wanted to run as fast I could away from there and take a bath to wash away the feel of him. When I got to my room at the inn, which thankfully was very far away from the compound, I shut the door and pressed my back against it as if to shut out all the problems threatening outside. Never before had a flea infested straw mattress and an ancient moth-eaten cover ever looked so inviting.

© Copyright 2002 Captain Crunch (UN: saluna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Captain Crunch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203700-Escape