*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203709-Morning-Escape
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #559708
Einah's wants to get a mysterious dagger. Magnus is a soldier with an unsettled past..
#203709 added November 4, 2002 at 12:06am
Restrictions: None
Morning Escape
I woke up slowly. I felt the rough cotton sheets rubbing against me, and felt the heat and weight of them. I smelled the faint smell of the rose petals in my hair from the bath the night before, and something else that I couldn’t quite place. Quietly I yawned and moaned as I stretched slightly. Something was strange though. My back was warmer than my front. I looked down at my hands. There were my two hands from stretching, but for some reason I had an extra hand, no a whole arm draped over my hip possessively. Slightly alarmed, I looked behind me, and then the memories of last night came flooding back to me.
Almost as if he sensed me, Magnus’s hand tightened around my hip, and pulled me closer to the heat of his body. I was already held spoon-fashion against him so that my back fit against his chest perfectly. I stole a glance at his face from over my shoulder. He had a slight smile on his face, as if he were having a good dream. I could feel my resistance against him waver slightly, especially as I looked at him so unguarded. His face wasn’t hard and unyielding like it was normally, but peaceful and slack in sleep. A few locks of his hair fell down onto his forehead. He had a small scar right along his hairline, and a large one starting just below his right ear and traveling down his face until it hid in the confines of his shirt. I didn’t know exactly how far it reached. My fingers itched with wanting to trace it on his skin, and to smooth away his hair from his forehead.
Suddenly, I realized what I was doing. Fantasizing about a man, in my bed no less, who held my freedom in his hands. At any time whenever he wanted to, Magnus could just throw me back in that prison. Well, he could try at least. Reluctantly, I left the warm sanctuary of the bed, sliding his arm off of my hips. Hopefully I would be able to deliver the papers to Malkanen, and get my information to the dagger without having to stop back here. That way Magnus would never know where I was going or anything. It would definitely be better than that. I tried not to think of the fact that he hadn’t tried to take advantage of me even though we had shared the same bed and he could have easily overpowered me with no one around to hear. I dressed silently, and with one last look at the inn room, I took all of my belongings and left.

© Copyright 2002 Captain Crunch (UN: saluna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Captain Crunch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203709-Morning-Escape