*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203712-Out-of-the-City
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #559708
Einah's wants to get a mysterious dagger. Magnus is a soldier with an unsettled past..
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#203712 added November 4, 2002 at 12:10am
Restrictions: None
Out of the City
I awoke to the sounds of the market and the gates to the northern edge of the city’s walls. I was still snuggled against Magnus’s body, his arm around my shoulders, and his cloak covering me for warmth and protection against the slow drizzle. People trudged through the muddy streets, hardly giving the horse a second glance as they quickly stepped out of the way in order to get on with their business. Venders called out occasionally, advertising their wares. We reached the outside gates to the city of Carmine, passing by the guards standing idly by.
Magnus continued on past the small village on the outside and then finally reined his horse into a small glade past all signs of human activity. He slid off the horse, and then bracketed my waist in his hands as he put me on solid ground again. I watched as he gave his horse free reign to go to the little stream flowing through the trees. I walked over to the nearest tree and plucked a few apples from the lowest branches. Walking toward Magnus again, I tossed one to him, and then went to his horse.
“What’s his name?” I asked idly, stroking his flank and offering him the apple in my hand. He sniffed it out, then his white teeth bit down on it, taking it out of my hand. I smiled at him, and ruffled his mane before looking at Magnus again, because he hadn’t answered me.
With my look, he shook his head slightly. “Cheval.”
I smiled at him, then laughed as Cheval nuzzled my hand again in search of another apple. When he didn’t find one, shook his head a little and bowed his head to the stream again, but leaned against my hand as I continued to stroke his smooth side. “Well thank you for the ride Cheval. I appreciate it very much.” I looked up at Magnus, who was regarding me curiously again. “Well, goodbye Magnus.”

~And here I'm pretty much getting bogged down with writer's block. It's like I'm sinking fast into a lake with a huge cinderblock attached to my leg!~

© Copyright 2002 Captain Crunch (UN: saluna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Captain Crunch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/203712-Out-of-the-City