*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/208711-Crucify-Him
by Dris
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #451445
A chronicle of my life starting from June 21, 2002.
#208711 added November 24, 2002 at 11:11pm
Restrictions: None
Crucify Him
November 24, 2002


         Well, this weekend was the Lay Witness Weekend, or however it's spelled. I think it's Lay, not sure. Anyways, the Lay Witness Weekend is where these people come from a long ways away to do a revival at our church. I really meant to go Friday and Saturday, but mom wanted to cook dinner on Friday, and my new portraiture hobby keeping me up caused me to sleep through Saturday's session. I did, however, go to the Sunday one, the last one, and it was really awesome.
         The thing that caught my attention the most was a skit that they did during the service. This girl was getting ready for a party, and then Jesus knocks on her door. She invites him in, of course, saying she's just dressed up for him and ready to go to a par - er - prayer meeting. She attempts to fool him, making up lies about various things such as the show that's on and the magazines she reads. She has a Bible opened and claims to have been reading it when Jesus knocked. Anywho, she gives him the Bible and starts out the door, only to find Jesus following her. She kinda pushes him back into the house, attempting to make an excuse as to why he should stay.
         Finally she confesses that it's a lie, and that she's really going to a party where she knows she'll be doing things he wouldn't want her to. She gets angry and starts telling him how she didn't invite him to come over, asking why he thinks he can just barge in. Finally, she takes each of his arms up like a cross and pounds each wrist, saying "Just stay right here!"
         It took a second to sink in, and then suddenly I realized, "She just crucified Jesus!!" I was shocked by how sudden it came on. I really didn't see it coming. But then I took a look again, as she stormed out for her party. That was just like me.
         I realized in a split second that I crucify him every day, and I do so in the same crude, sudden manner. Even as he follows me, cares for me, provides, and looks on me with the greatest expression for love, I spit on him and nail him up without remorse whenever I want to do what I want to do. I don't think I've ever been so convicted in my life. It was just like, BANG.
         That was the biggest impression that was left. It was awesome though. Even in conviction, I somehow felt joy. All I can do to explain is say that God is awesome.
         Recommended listening: I Could Run Away by 100 Portraits and Waterdeep. Awesome song right there.

~ Dris ~

© Copyright 2002 Dris (UN: dris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dris has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/208711-Crucify-Him