*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/217076-Resolutions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #464720
You supply the reading. I'll supply the writing.
#217076 added February 6, 2003 at 5:04pm
Restrictions: None
Resolutions
Happy New Year everyone *Smile**Smile**Smile**Smile*


I've always felt that the new year should begin in the spring sometime...at least for those of us in the northern hemisphere.





2002 was a bit of an eye opener for me...which is good...live and learn. *Smile*





I've learned not to paint myself into a corner. To be careful what I carve in stone. *Confused*

Not too long ago I had set myself a deadline that I would be off the net by today. :( That self-imposed deadline made me unhappy and added a sense of urgency to my life. Most deadlines are made by humans. They're fine if they encourage movement...but they shouldn't cause panic.

I now realize that was the Clint Eastwood gunslinger side of me...drawing a line in the sand...all or nothing...winner take all. Why did I ever chose that character as a role model? None of those are anywhere near my values.

That doesn't mean that I should be drifting aimlessly about...happily bobbing along while the rest of the world goes on it's way. I need to at least be paddling towards land...but take each day as it comes. There will be days when I make great progress...while others I might backslide.

Short term Writing.com goals then...

Finish my "final item thingy" and also the poem that Heather and I were working on...(no rush Heather...we'll take it at your pace. *Smile* )

Think about Terry's contest first before entering...and then post something worthy. "Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor ...I hope this works...I've never tried doing this link thingy before...I'm going to save this right now and see if it worked.


WOW What a super site!!!! *Bigsmile* That's what I like best about being here...all the options.

Actually...that's not true...

What I like best about being here...is this is also where the people I care about on the net are. *Heart**Heart**Heart**Heart*

It's high time I wrote one of those testimony thingys. I've always believed in giving credit where I thought credit was due. I'll do that after finishing this.

By the way...Check out "Where in The World..."   by Tiger*girl ...(I get a kick out of seeing "Mish" beside my suitcase. *Bigsmile* Picturing the atlases being opened and those wrinkled brows thinking they knew all the provinces in Canada.)

That was a bummer...with learning how to do this "link trick" I was going to add some of the stuff I have posted around this site on other people's ports...stuff that's only there. I checked this one port...(it's one of those BIG ports) to see a contest entry that I had there. I can't even find the contest now. It was suppose to close last night. I forget exactly what I entered but I know it was long. *Frown*

Where was I?...Oh yeah...short term Writing.com goals...

Post a Haircut Day 2 entry *Smile*

Upgrade and post some pic's here. *Smile*


Post a tribute entry that's looooooong overdue...A goodbye to someone I think is very special. *Heart*

That should keep me busy for the next little while...at least till I get over this cold and my head becomes clear again.

All the best in 2003 everyone! *Smile**Smile**Smile**Smile*

Thumb


© Copyright 2003 Thumbsucker (UN: thumbsucker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thumbsucker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/217076-Resolutions