*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/217499-The-New-Year
by Dris
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #451445
A chronicle of my life starting from June 21, 2002.
#217499 added January 2, 2003 at 10:57pm
Restrictions: None
The New Year
January 2, 2003


         Well, this would mark the first entry in which I don't type "2002" at the top. Darn, I was getting really fast at that.
         There's a freaky spider with two really long front legs crawling around the side of my monitor. It's a real distraction at the moment. Hold on.

         Heh, problem solved. I don't like spiders. And I squashing bugs is gross. So I blew on it. Of course, it's probably on the floor now, upon which I usually walk barefoot. Oh well. Equipped with the knowledge that people swallow at least one spider per year in their sleep, I'll just realize that it might get on me, but I won't notice. Thus, no harm done.
         Right now, some good old Keep On Loving You by REO Speedwagon is playing. A song I heard quite a bit over the last few days at my friend's house since the New Year's party. He played a lot of the new Grand Theft Auto game which, despite it's mellow view of sex, drugs, and violence, has a lot of good muzik.
         Oh yeah, about the new year. It came without any notice. I believe I just got back from jamming by myself on his electric guitar when they said, "Oh yeah, it's 2003. Five minutes ago." So we promptly headed out to his trampoline and screamed greetings to the town around us, with all their people from the next year which became the present. There was also some indecent exposure to passing cars, which I'll neglect to delve further into.
         Now I'm home, thinking about various people I know, various things I need to do, the doom of school not far from now, and of course Waffle by Sevendust which is now playing.
         I've run out of things to ramble about. Recommended listening: You've Got Another Thing Coming by Judas Priest. Happy new year.

~ Dris ~

© Copyright 2003 Dris (UN: dris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dris has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/217499-The-New-Year