*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/222577-For-Lack
by Dris
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #451445
A chronicle of my life starting from June 21, 2002.
#222577 added January 22, 2003 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
For Lack
January 22, 2003


         Part three in my "Lack" series. Yeah, I couldn't think of anything else to put there after that.
         Ah...Life is good. We showed the video tonight at youth group, and thus the fruits of my labors were fully realized. :P Yeah, it was alright.
         I'm rather confused about a few things which I won't mention here. I've got all that written in a journal which prying eyes from my local area can't see. We wouldn't want something like last summer to happen again.
         It's not really that big of a dealio anyway. It'll probably work itself out, given a bit of time.
         One thing happened tonight which pushed me over my edge and into violence. I forgot how we got into the subject, but I sarcastically said, "I've never been rejected!" as if I was some god among men. The three who were present all thought of the same person at the same time (if you've read the first half of this journal, you know who), and taunted me about it. They were all severely beaten, and this pleased me. Actually, I jokingly squeezed one of them as if to break the ribs, hit the other in the shoulder, and not-so-jokingly smacked my head into the face of the one who was being the worst.
         That was all fun and games! It's just that there's a new, brighter future ahead, and things like that in the past belong there. Just keep them in the past and all, ya know?
         Anyways, there's much on my mind which I could just spew out like oil into the ocean of peace-of-mind, but I'll not do that. I'll just keep these things between God and I. He's cool with me, He'll understand.
         Welp, time fur me ta' go off yonder. Thar's sum goot speach raught thar. Yeah, recommended listening: Bullets by Creed. Now somewhere out there, a person who thinks he's non-conformist by conforming to a non-conformist croud is screaming something about mainstream "MTV" rock. Yep, it's time for me to rave again.
         What you call "mainstream" rock is a bunch of bands who are just like your non-"mainstream" bands. The difference is that they signed with a bigger label. The differences end there. Of course, some bands don't even write their own muzik, but that's another matter. They have talent, no matter what. I respect people who play muzik they wrote themselves, but if someone happens to like the way another band sounds, nobody has the right to tell them to do otherwise.
         Pop muzik and such makes me sick. I don't like their sound, I think they're highly commercial, and it's all about sex, drugs, and violence. But I have no right to tell someone they suck. Whether mass-produced or not, they have talent.
         So to all "non-conformists" out there, remember that you're conforming to a norm as well. And by telling people they suck because they don't conform to your way is hypocrisy on your part.
         There. I've said that, and I feel better. Time for me to do stuff other than type. Goodnight to all three (3) to four (4) of my faithful readers! :P It's all good!

~ Dris ~

© Copyright 2003 Dris (UN: dris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dris has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/222577-For-Lack