*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/222597-STORY-Lotr-The-Fading-of-Lorien
by Circe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Friendship · #589633
This would be my journal...
#222597 added January 23, 2003 at 2:46am
Restrictions: None
STORY (Lotr): The Fading of Lorien
Legolas walked slowly under the fading trees of Lorien. Where was the golden light that had once filled this place? Where were the Lady and Lord? Noble trees stood tall about him, their grey branches bare and lifeless. No longer did they sing. A hundred lives of men had passed since they last lifted their voices in joy.

His feet made no sound as he moved and no one came to greet him as he entered what had once been the heart of the forest. No elven guards raised their bows to him. There was no welcome from the Lady of Light.

The palaces built high in the trees were desolate and cold. No elves dwelt here any more. No elves dwelt anywhere any more. Legolas was the only one of his kind who still walked in Middle Earth.

A single bird call was the only sound he heard as his eyes surveyed Lothlorien. Red and brown leaves littered the ground like snow that had forgotten the season.

Finally the elf sat, resting his hands in his lap. He wished now that he had gone when he had the chance. He now wished everyday for Valinor, but his wish was never granted. It was too late. The ships had sailed and there was no way now for him to leave this empty land.

But more than Valinor and his own kind he wished to see Aragorn again. Tears filled his eyes as he again remembered him. Remembering pointless words that had passed between them in the last days. He blamed himself for all that had come to pass. He should not have spoken so directly.

But Aragorn had had no kind words for Legolas.

"I cannot love you. My heart is pledged to Arwen. It is only she that I desire."

Legolas had said he understood but always he had wished hopelessly that Aragorn would realise how he truly felt.

So Legolas had stayed in Middle Earth when all the others of his kind had left. Only he and the Lady Arwen still lingered.

But Aragorn was mortal, and death came too soon. For a while Arwen remained but then she too passed into darkness.

Legolas was alone. He wandered the wilds, forsaking everything he had known. For without Aragorn the world was an empty shell.

And slowly the elves were forgotten, they became nothing more than a children's tale. His proud people across the sea were nothing. All were gone from this world, never to return.

All but Legolas.


© Copyright 2003 Circe (UN: circe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Circe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/222597-STORY-Lotr-The-Fading-of-Lorien